Notre Dame is burning down

Rapid

UKSOF
Verified SOF
5cb4cb73dda4c88c0a8b45dc.jpg

I find the timing of this highly unusual.

- Easter
- In the midst of a spate of attacks against churches in France
- Renovations only started a few days ago (could be a deliberate attack by someone working inside the contracting crew)

CATHOLIC CHURCHES ARE BEING DESECRATED ACROSS FRANCE—AND OFFICIALS DON’T KNOW WHY

https://www.newsweek.com/spate-atta...-sees-altars-desecrated-christ-statue-1370800

France has seen a spate of attacks against Catholic churches since the start of the year, vandalism that has included arson and desecration.

Vandals have smashed statues, knocked down tabernacles, scattered or destroyed the Eucharist and torn down crosses, sparking fears of a rise in anti-Catholic sentiment in the country.

Last Sunday, the historic Church of St. Sulpice in Paris was set on fire just after midday mass on Sunday, Le Parisienreported, although no one was injured. Police are still investigating the attack, which firefighters have confidently attributed to arson.

Even this article doesn't convey the enormity of what is going on. In France, three Churches are being desecrated every single day.

Anger as France sees 10 Catholic churches attacked in ONE week - 'God will forgive, NOT ME

Anger as France sees 10 Catholic churches attacked in ONE week - 'God will forgive, NOT ME'

The prime suspects in these attacks are exactly who you'd expect in a country like France. A lot remains to be determined in the case of Notre Dame, but I have a feeling they may suppress the truth if they feel it could lead to 'civil instability' -- the riots are bad enough as it is.

Last edited:
Ironic that the building saved from destruction by a book in which it burned down, burned down. Tragic loss for civilization. Say what you will about those cheese-eating surrender monkeys, they can design and build a beautiful, artistic building.

"The Paris prosecutors’ office says investigators are treating the blaze that destroyed part of Notre Dame as an accident for now.
The prosecutors’ office said late Monday they have ruled out arson in Monday’s fire, including possible terror-related motives for starting the blaze.
Prosecutors say Paris police will conduct an investigation into “involuntary destruction caused by fire.”"

It's been hours since the fire started and it's still raging. There's no way anyone could come to a solid conclusion one way or another, and they certainly wouldn't be able to rule out malicious intent unless someone directly confessed to having started it by accident. I mean, even they themselves say that they are treating it as an accident "for now". They are literally just trying to placate the masses though. Perhaps it wouldn't be wise to do anything other than that -- people in Paris are pissed off enough as it is.

I'm glad they managed to save so many precious artefacts and other treasures though.

"The Paris prosecutors’ office says investigators are treating the blaze that destroyed part of Notre Dame as an accident for now.
The prosecutors’ office said late Monday they have ruled out arson in Monday’s fire, including possible terror-related motives for starting the blaze.
Prosecutors say Paris police will conduct an investigation into “involuntary destruction caused by fire.”"

It's been hours since the fire started and it's still raging. There's no way anyone could come to a solid conclusion one way or another, and they certainly wouldn't be able to rule out malicious intent unless someone directly confessed to having started it by accident. I mean, even they themselves say that they are treating it as an accident "for now". They are literally just trying to placate the masses though. Perhaps it wouldn't be wise to do anything other than that -- people in Paris are pissed off enough as it is.

I'm glad they managed to save so many precious artefacts and other treasures though.

Agree. It’s impossible to have conducted a proper arson investigation at this point.

"- Renovations only started a few days ago (could be a deliberate attack by someone working inside the contracting crew)"

Renovations have been going on for 5 years....they just started the phase where there were working on the Spire.

Back