- Feb 8, 2007
- Land of Swine and Maple Syrup
That's wild dude. She's so calm.Has anyone seen this? We've come full cold war circle.
What is in the SNS?
- The SNS is a national repository of antibiotics, chemical antidotes, antitoxins, life-support medications, IV administration, airway maintenance supplies, and medical/surgical items.
When would the stockpile be used?
- The plan is to deliver critical medical resources to the site of a national emergency when local public health resources would likely be or have already been overwhelmed by the magnitude of the medical emergency.
- Examples might be emergencies resulting from a major earthquake, pandemic flu, a smallpox event, and terrorist events of chemical, biological, radiological/nuclear, or explosive incidents.
- Pre-event requests for SNS resources might include
- Actionable intelligence indicating an impending chemical, biological, radiological/nuclear, or large explosive attack or overwhelming public health disaster
- Analysis of data derived from syndromic or epidemiologic surveillance
- A sentinel event, such as a single case of smallpox
What kinds of things are in the stockpile?
- 12-Hour Push Packages (less than 5% of the SNS inventory)
- Broad-spectrum oral and intravenous antibiotics
- Other medicines for emergency conditions
- IV fluids and fluid administration kits
- Airway equipment, such as ET tubes, stylettes, oropharyngeal airways, Ambu-Bags, and CO2 detectors
- Managed inventories housed in the SNS or maintained by specific vendors or manufacturers
- Additional quantities of 12-Hour Push Package items
What specific agents are in the stockpile that could be used for medical problems related specifically to radiological/nuclear events?
Oh the incessant Stockpile.
@Cookie_ sorry for the wall of text- I'm eating taquitos, put my phone down- and it posted before editing. Bet you're right though.Oh the incessant Stockpile.
Haven't heard about this mentioned, since the States and Jared Kushner got into the big brew-haha over during the lockdowns? Same one?
I may be incorrect- could be a different stockpile.
Not a fan of Kushner (i.e. zero background for duties/ responsibilities entrusted/ i.e. nepotism et. al- caveat: not that any capable candidate would ever apply) but in the case of the Governor's pawing at the stockpile/complaining circa 2022 i.e. ventilators (?) using the argument it was not disbursed correctly- his argument was correct.
Wouldn't be surprised if radiation pills were purchased for it, the inclusion was flagged on the fuck boy/girls reporters (on both sides) "if then, then that" feed arrogators for the site, and now we're here.