Outed

They do fund a lot of groups, but since they are Shi'a and that brand of Islam only accounts for 10% to 20% percent of all adherents, I would assess that many of the Sunni Islamic groups would be ambivalent about helping Iran. AQAP has stated publicly (via their western mouthpiece publication, Inspire) that they don't differentiate between Kafir westerners and Shi'a Muslims. While it is possible that they might choose the "greater of two evils" route, my assessment is that is highly unlikely, given the fact that AQ and other networks/groups have never really been known for their ideological flexibility, particularly in this instance which would ultimately be giving aid to the most powerful Shi'ite entitity there is, hardly something that Salafists and Wahhabists find attractive.
I think that you underestimate the Islamic religion. A prime example is the fact that Afghanistan has stated that they will side with Pakistan if the two of us were to go to war.

On a small note, I distinctly recall pulling old Iranian military ID's off of dead guys in Afghanistan.

I think that you underestimate the Islamic religion. A prime example is the fact that Afghanistan has stated that they will side with Pakistan if the two of us were to go to war.

On a small note, I distinctly recall pulling old Iranian military ID's off of dead guys in Afghanistan.

:-o

They were that blatant about it?

Also hurts Pretraeus (sp?) politically. He will go down as the CIA director who lost the most agents at a single sitting, smooth move by the Administration.

political maneuvering?... probably not. Severely bad timing... a resounding بله

Back