Personal diet question.

Sure, but again the rest of my last post applies. Do you need to be so radical?
The first thing IO tell people is to cut soda and sugar completely from their diet.

Also I've discovered over the years that people eat like the size of the people they are. Fat people eat like fat people etc...
What that means is, I've watched fat people eat and stuff themselves full of food like it was their last meal on earth. Here's a big one, they will stop during a meal to rest and allow their body to digest/adjust for a while in order to stuff more food in. It has me shaking my head.
Don't eat to finish a meal, eat until you feel like "I could stop now and be ok" That is the point where you have had enough, not "I'm feel so full and kinda sick".

I am agreeing with you but I am asking a question. Would/could cutting both be a efficient way to cut weight?

I just cut back the amount I ate and ate more fish instead of meat. I treat sugar like it is a poison and don't use it. No soda. No fast food. Very little processed food (I occasionally like a bag of potato chips, that's it).
I cook the majority of what I eat, grill/broil most of the meat I eat, not fry. Try to eat as healthy as I can.
Now that all said, I could drop a lot more weight If I cut back the amount of beer I drink for sure, but I dropped 15lbs when I was trying too, without touching my beer intake.
He has already dropped weight and now is at a plateau.

I am agreeing with you but I am asking a question. Would/could cutting both be a efficient way to cut weight?

I'm not an expert by any means, but I have no doubt at all that it would help to do so.

He has already dropped weight and now is at a plateau.

Then it seems that he should do something different for sure. Cutting alcohol out of the diet would/should be on the cards for that.

I do not believe in living a monastic lifestyle. There are just some things that I will not give up, beer/booze among them. You CAN lose weight while enjoy a tip of the bottle, but you need to be creative with your diet.

It does make sense that if you are drinking alcohol and weight is not budging regardless of other factors, then cut out the booze for a while.

Update: End of week 3, Gained 2lbs, started having some constipation and also had to skip a two workouts. Also been having some sleep issues. My diet stayed the same as week 2, however I didn't drink any alcohol this week. I've been having some bubbly guts, constant hunger although I'm eating and kinda of a hollow feeling. Don't know how to explain it. Also have had some fogginess, inability to concentrate. I'm not sure what that's about, but I'm going to start checking my blood sugar this next week, and have a doctor appointment schedule in late February.

I'm going to keep the same diet plan, but adjust the veggies with fruit dependent on blood sugar readings. Also I'm going to start running in the mornings.

I'm drinking water exclusively, all day, roughly 1-1.5 gallons a day. I've been talking with a buddy who is a PA, he was the one who recommend checking blood sugar.

Are you getting enough fats in your diet? You still need some, just the healthy kind.

I really don't know. I'm a bit of a tard on diets or healthy balanced eating. Up until the last few years I just ate what I wanted and worked out all the time. Different now, take the fruit I've been eating, I never really ate fruit much, now if I don't I start feeling almost sick, dizzy, blurry vision, etc.

But yeah the whole reason of this thread is really because I don't know shit about proper eating. To the point, that everything I was taught years ago, is now considered bad science or flat wrong.

I really don't know. I'm a bit of a tard on diets or healthy balanced eating. Up until the last few years I just ate what I wanted and worked out all the time. Different now, take the fruit I've been eating, I never really ate fruit much, now if I don't I start feeling almost sick, dizzy, blurry vision, etc.

But yeah the whole reason of this thread is really because I don't know shit about proper eating. To the point, that everything I was taught years ago, is now considered bad science or flat wrong.

If you need fruit to keep from feeling dizzy, your most likely culprit is low blood sugar, which I know you already mentioned getting checked. It's easy when starting on a new diet to overly avoid carbs because carbs are so obsessed over by many circles. You absolutely need a certain amount in your diet though. If you find yourself needing to grab fruit for a quick recovery constantly, you may need to consider some slow release carbs with each meal. Or at the very least have a bowl of oatmeal in the morning with some eggs and bacon, or whatever.

Update: End of week 3, Gained 2lbs, started having some constipation and also had to skip a two workouts. Also been having some sleep issues. My diet stayed the same as week 2, however I didn't drink any alcohol this week. I've been having some bubbly guts, constant hunger although I'm eating and kinda of a hollow feeling. Don't know how to explain it. Also have had some fogginess, inability to concentrate. I'm not sure what that's about, but I'm going to start checking my blood sugar this next week, and have a doctor appointment schedule in late February.

I'm going to keep the same diet plan, but adjust the veggies with fruit dependent on blood sugar readings. Also I'm going to start running in the mornings.

NOT a doctor or a medic. But that sounds a lot like I felt before my doctor did some blood work and got me on some hypothyroid meds.

I'm drinking water exclusively, all day, roughly 1-1.5 gallons a day. I've been talking with a buddy who is a PA, he was the one who recommend checking blood sugar.

Water is good; too much is bad. In obsessiveness you can become hyponatrimic (overhydration leads to sodium depletion). Some of your signs/symptoms are those of low blood sugar; which are the same signs/symptoms as hyponatremia.

I would echo make sure you are eating something with sugar (read about "good" sugars vs "bad" sugars and the glycemic index) and make sure you have adequate fats.

Also, if you are hungry, you are doing something wrong. Eat something every three hours, the snacks should be more protein than carb but some carb is good. A couple of boiled eggs, a bit of cheese, a Greek yogurt is an awesome snack. Sure the cals go up....but it is a good mixture of carbs, sugar, protein, and fat.

Still with the diet, but I sprained my ankle (recurring injury) last week so I've been off the running for a while, still doing the P90x workouts that I can do, and still doing pushups, situps and squats in the morning.

I have a doctors appointment on the 26th, my blood sugars have been fine, but I'm still having some fogginess and concentration issues, so hopefully I'll get that figured out.

I'm bouncing back and forth weight wise, I'm attributing it to lack of running right now.

Back