Physical Fitness Revamp

Your post just reminded me why I will fight a rabid cougar before I will willingly walk through a draw...
SBG sends.

Weenie. The Draw Moster of the Uwharrie is a figment of your....:ninja: oh fuck, I lost my boot... give it back you bastard... WTF, the ground was here a minute ago.... where did my friggin eye-pro go.... damn, where's the rest of the Team? .... guys? Yo.... whassup... guys....:mad::thumbsdown::sneaky:

I recently did some "tired diver"(buddy towing) for some decent distances at a sea cadets training. I had to deflate the BCD because the 7 mil suits were supposedly more buoyant. BS, I barely stayed above water, and snorkels don't work well when half way out of your mouth. I was also designated rescue swimmer on the ship, which had me doing separate PT.

It's harder than cardio swimming for me, but after 10 days I am definitely a stronger swimmer. Now that I know what it's like and how applicable it is, I'll be doing it more often, thanks.

How are you going to replicate this as part of your regular fitness program?

LL

Weenie. The Draw Moster of the Uwharrie is a figment of your....:ninja: oh fuck, I lost my boot... give it back you bastard... WTF, the ground was here a minute ago.... where did my friggin eye-pro go.... damn, where's the rest of the Team? .... guys? Yo.... whassup... guys....:mad::thumbsdown::sneaky:

You ever hear about the guy that lost his rubber duck rifle to the draw monster? Yeah it happens.

He has at least 3 of my knives. At least 1 map. Prolly 8 headlamps. And 1 poncho liner. I missed the poncho liner the most.

He has at least 3 of my knifes. At least 1 map. Prolly 8 headlamps. And 1 poncho liner. I missed the poncho liner the most.

I declare a fatwah and a jihad on the Draw Monster of the Uwharrie... a poncho liner? It stole a poncho liner? Blasphemy! Evil! The best thing ever created is the poncho liner, and once it's properly broken in ... it is a part of your life...

I declare a fatwah and a jihad on the Draw Monster of the Uwharrie... a poncho liner? It stole a poncho liner? Blasphemy! Evil! The best thing ever created is the poncho liner, and once it's properly broken in ... it is a part of your life...

Yep it may have been semi my fault, but I will never admit it. That motherfucker has it. It is a bitch to find things on the ground out there without white light(or red light for that matter).

Yep it may have been semi my fault, but I will never admit it. That motherfucker has it. It is a bitch to find things on the ground out there without white light(or red light for that matter).

the Draw Monster is worse than an interdimensional invisible stealth alien zombie octopus with fangs ... or a cross loaded SF Ruck even... (here you get this commo stuff, this 60mm round, here's some belt fed, and here's your load of the demo, you can't cross load your med gear due to R&Q restrictions, sorry...)

Yes, this relates to the menatal and physical shape you need to be in for the partrolling portions of the Q course. A good sense of humor is part of your physical conditioning.

But the Draw Monster is real... no shit.

the Draw Monster is worse than an interdimensional invisible stealth alien zombie octopus with fangs ... or a cross loaded SF Ruck even... (here you get this commo stuff, this 60mm round, here's some belt fed, and here's your load of the demo, you can't cross load your med gear due to R&Q restrictions, sorry...)

Yes, this relates to the menatal and physical shape you need to be in for the part
rolling portions of the Q course. A good sense of humor is part of your physical conditioning.

But the Draw Monster is real... no shit.

Sense of humor will get you through the hardest of times. I was hung up on a draw, literally hung suspended in the air in SOPC, or maybe it was SFAS. But I started laughing at my predicament, and could not stop. I must have laughed for 10 mins before I regained my composure enough to get out. Funny still to this day, How ridiculous it must have looked.

How a draw can open a ruck, grab an item that is on the bottom tied down, close the ruck, then have the nerve to give you a "good game" pat on the ass is beyond me.
Hearing young studs cursing out loud while fighting through a draw is priceless... Especially knowing if they would have looked at there map, they would have had clear sailing 100m to their left or right;)

SBG sends.

How a draw can open a ruck, grab an item that is on the bottom tied down, close the ruck, then have the nerve to give you a "good game" pat on the ass is beyond me.
Hearing young studs cursing out loud while fighting through a draw is priceless... Especially knowing if they would have looked at there map, they would have had clear sailing 100m to their left or right;)

SBG sends.

You know one time my last point was on the other side of a draw. I spent over an hour fighting my way through that MF'er. I got through it(after getting thoroughly soaked) found my point. Then went to walk back through it, and low and behold, there was a deer trail right through it. I was so pissed all I could do was laugh. Wasted an hour of my life fighting through that draw. But looking back on it I wouldn't trade it for anything. You know why SBG, Ajax, Etype, X SF, and Cric. But to you young studs, you will find out soon enough. When you realize the guys standing to your left and right have all had the same feelings. It is a great feeling.

You know one time my last point was on the other side of a draw. I spent over an hour fighting my way through that MF'er. I got through it(after getting thoroughly soaked) found my point. Then went to walk back through it, and low and behold, there was a deer trail right through it. I was so pissed all I could do was laugh. Wasted an hour of my life fighting through that draw. But looking back on it I wouldn't trade it for anything. You know why SBG, Ajax, Etype, X SF, and Cric. But to you young studs, you will find out soon enough. When you realize the guys standing to your left and right have all had the same feelings. It is a great feeling.
Deer trails are only found after you have given blood, sweat and tears to the draw monster.
I wouldn't trade those times for anything.
SBG sends.

The Draw Monster taught me the utter utility and joy of dummy cords for my equipment... and the need for stellar route planning with contingencies for time and distance should I come upon one of the unmarked stealth draws that the DM set up...

And SBG is correct, Deer Trails only appear after the human/equipment sacrifice is made, and then only for a short period of time... whereupon they disappear until the next sacrifice is made...

AHHHHHH!!!!
b1_1174.gif

I'm not from your'e land-but in following along i think i figured it out.

I'm not SOF, never have been. .02c

I have stayed in a Holiday Inn though...

just looking for more recovery.

Sleep is the best thing you can do for recovery.
Alternate body parts/work out days and you'll be OK.
Your body will adjust to almost anything you throw at it. Your mind will let you down far sooner than your body will (excluding serious injury of course).

but I don't need to be the big meat head that falls out from supplements.

Then don't take them, you don't need them.
Just eat balanced meals (i.e. don't eat shit) and you'll be fine.

Seriously, I'd be far more concerned about conditioning your feet than worrying about supplements.
cback can help you with that.

Much as it pains me to agree with the Troll, wear a ruck. Ive spent weeks at a time when about the only time that fucking thing wasn't on my back was when I was sleeping.
You'll get used to it, it will still hurt but you'll get used to it.

I'm not SOF, never have been. .02c

I have stayed in a Holiday Inn though...

Sleep is the best thing you can do for recovery.
Alternate body parts/work out days and you'll be OK.
Your body will adjust to almost anything you throw at it. Your mind will let you down far sooner than your body will (excluding serious injury of course).

Then don't take them, you don't need them.
Just eat balanced meals (i.e. don't eat shit) and you'll be fine.

Seriously, I'd be far more concerned about conditioning your feet than worrying about supplements.
cback can help you with that.

Much as it pains me to agree with the Troll, wear a ruck. Ive spent weeks at a time when about the only time that fucking thing wasn't on my back was when I was sleeping.
You'll get used to it, it will still hurt but you'll get used to it.

Roger Pardus thank you very much.

Back