Post Progress Reports Here

DZ

Special Forces
Verified SOF
SSMP
SOF Mentor
Heading to Benning this week. I’ll try to update here when I can, and hopefully I’ll be able to advise on the current training environment during this pandemic. I spent a lot of time practicing rucking 1-2 times a week the past couple months. Usually 40-50 pounds for 4-5 miles at a 13 minute per mile pace. This seemed to be a sweet spot for me. I achieved that pace using advice I read here sometime a while back; jog/shuffle on the straight aways and down hills, then walk the uphills. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to continue to lower my run times during OSUT. I’m just excited to have the opportunity and looking forward to the grind.
Good luck dude. Don't quit and don't injure yourself and you'll be fine.

Fraggle15

Verified Military
Good morning,

82 P/U, 89 S/U, 14:12 2 mile, 18 Pull ups. Have not had a chance to put any ruck time in. Still on a long winding road to get to selection, but I will get there. I appreciate the motivation in everyone’s posts!

TimoteoDunkin

11B
Verified Military
Attended SFAS 03-21, 455 were slotted to show up a few VW* immediately before in processing. I was not selected and didn’t make it passed the 1st week. With this being said I’ll have a go at it in October of this year as I didn’t VW* myself. For those going soon and in the future Godspeed and take pt to heart.

*VW = Voluntary Withdrawn
Ooh-Rah

Last edited by a moderator:

DZ

Special Forces
Verified SOF
SSMP
SOF Mentor
Attended SFAS 03-21, 455 were slotted to show up a few VW immediately before in processing. I was not selected and didn’t make it passed the 1st week. With this being said I’ll have a go at it in October of this year as I didn’t VW myself. For those going soon and in the future Godspeed and take pt to heart.
Don't get down on yourself. You had the heart to show up, which is more than the vast majority of the Army can say. Use the feed back you received to improve your weaknesses and go back and crush it again. I have two close friends who went to SFAS twice, and now they are phenomenal Green Berets.

TimoteoDunkin

11B
Verified Military
Don't get down on yourself. You had the heart to show up, which is more than the vast majority of the Army can say. Use the feed back you received to improve your weaknesses and go back and crush it again. I have two close friends who went to SFAS twice, and now they are phenomenal Green Berets.
Your guidance and advice are always appreciated, I’ll keep my head down while getting after it. Rah for the grind to come!