Questions on SFAS

Update gentlemen!

No, you guys didn't scare me off... yet. ;) I've spent the past couple weeks with my computer off, up at the crack of dawn, working my ass off, with my recruiting sergeant, my University wrestling coach, and nothing but my cold, lonely self. I've definitely seen some marked improvement over my usual weak-as-a-kitten self, and for the first time in my life I can actually see a bicep or two, but still probably not enough to swing Assessment in another six months. Rangers? Sure. Marines? Easy. Forces? Gimme another year. I'll be there.

So, I'm looking to do it the hard way, because the hard way is always funner, right? I'm heading up to MEPS again sometime next week to renegotiate my contract and give me some ground time before going to SF. I'm thinking of going either Airborne Infantry or Airborne Scouts, with the intention of joining you fine men in a couple years. A brand-new copy of "Get Selected" is currently en route to my house, and any other suggestions/hints/orders/abuse (seriously, abuse is fine with me, the more you rip my sorry ass the better prepared I'll be for the big league)- especially on what MOS would be best for preparing me for the road ahead, as that's my next order of business- would be greatly appreciated!

I've also started studying Arabic (Saudi and Egyptian) in between workouts; I figure that'd beat sitting around watching military history documentaries or surfing the 'net while I'm waiting for my knee to stop aching, right? Je parle un petit peu de français, mais I'll be expected to know at least three other languages by the end of SF Training, correct? From what I gather, the final say on which languages these are comes from your commanding officers and the current needs of the Service, but if anyone knows one or two "major" foreign tounges I could dig into to give me a legup, it'd be a major help.

I'm talking too much, so I'll shut up and go outside again. Thanks to everyone who has replied, and keep the goodies coming!

Update gentlemen!

No, you guys didn't scare me off... yet. ;) I've spent the past couple weeks with my computer off, up at the crack of dawn, working my ass off, with my recruiting sergeant, my University wrestling coach, and nothing but my cold, lonely self. I've definitely seen some marked improvement over my usual weak-as-a-kitten self, and for the first time in my life I can actually see a bicep or two, but still probably not enough to swing Assessment in another six months. Rangers? Sure. Marines? Easy. Forces? Gimme another year. I'll be there.

So, I'm looking to do it the hard way, because the hard way is always funner, right? I'm heading up to MEPS again sometime next week to renegotiate my contract and give me some ground time before going to SF. I'm thinking of going either Airborne Infantry or Airborne Scouts, with the intention of joining you fine men in a couple years. A brand-new copy of "Get Selected" is currently en route to my house, and any other suggestions/hints/orders/abuse (seriously, abuse is fine with me, the more you rip my sorry ass the better prepared I'll be for the big league)- especially on what MOS would be best for preparing me for the road ahead, as that's my next order of business- would be greatly appreciated!

I've also started studying Arabic (Saudi and Egyptian) in between workouts; I figure that'd beat sitting around watching military history documentaries or surfing the 'net while I'm waiting for my knee to stop aching, right? Je parle un petit peu de français, mais I'll be expected to know at least three other languages by the end of SF Training, correct? From what I gather, the final say on which languages these are comes from your commanding officers and the current needs of the Service, but if anyone knows one or two "major" foreign tounges I could dig into to give me a legup, it'd be a major help.

I'm talking too much, so I'll shut up and go outside again. Thanks to everyone who has replied, and keep the goodies coming!

I quoted this so it couldn't be deleted.

You are asking about SFAS and I tend to stay out of these debates as I am not an SFAS Selectee. Having worn a uniform however and been around SF I do think I am qualified to lend the following insight:

I think you haven't the slightest idea about the military, much less SF. You're gonna get raped.

Good luck.

Yep...CLUELESS!!

And misrepresenting himself on his profile too.

About pv1xray
Home Country
United States
Credentials
Branch of Service
Army
Bio/Creds
Raw recruit, 18X

Should have saved all that wind for a couple extra miles under your feet. And if your knee is aching now, you will more than likely become a medical reject and end up back on the street, probably pumping gas.

I can actually see a bicep or two, but still probably not enough to swing Assessment in another six months. Rangers? Sure. Marines? Easy. Forces? Gimme another year. I'll be there.

I did some thinking. The above pisses me off. You have yet to wear a uniform and yet you already "know" how you stack up against other units physically?

You are simply talking out of your ass and no amount of PT can correct that.

Rangers? Sure. Marines? Easy. Forces? Gimme another year. I'll be there.

You have a big cocky piehole that you need to fucking close.

You havent done shit so STFU about how 'good' you are.
--------------------------
You need to go for an Option 40 contract 11B, thats an Infantry Ranger contract which you say you can do easily.

Once you pass RIP and Ranger school then come back here and be cocky..... we'll still tell you you're a cocky ass but you'll have earned some respect then.

Oh, make sure to tell the Ranger Instructors that RIP is a sure/easy thing for you, that way they don't put you in the failure squad and you'll be on the fast track for the good training.
Just a little hint from me to make you're life a little easier ;)

Oh, make sure to tell the Ranger Instructors that RIP is a sure/easy thing for you, that way they don't put you in the failure squad and you'll be on the fast track for the good training.
Just a little hint from me to make you're life a little easier ;)

x's 2. The failure squad sucks

I will not continue to hammer the reasons you should rethink your decision based on your self proclaimed lack of physical conditioning because I think my Brothers have said about all that needs to be said, however I would like to discuss the above quote for a brief moment.

If you think you have bitten off more than you can chew then you have indeed done just that. Once you make a decision in life you have only to give it your all. I cannot remember a day in the course where I thought about anything except the day I would walk across the stage at graduation or what life on an ODA will be like. Not one time did I wonder if I would make the grade.

You are self selecting and it is one of the major reasons guys end up not being selected at SFAS or making it thru any one of the other tests. SFAS is not the only hurdle you will cross. The entire SFQC is one test after another. It doesn't end the day you walk the stage and are handed your graduation certificate. The biggest test will come when you get to a team and there are other men's lives hanging in the balance.

You need to get your mind in the game. Once your mind is made up your body will follow. I have seen guys who were physical studs be passed up by someone with an iron will. I was 33 years old when I attended SFAS. I have never been the fastest runner (13 minute/2 mile) but I knew I could ruck. In preparation for SFAS I ran twice what I rucked because I knew thats where I was weak.

Each of us (SF soldiers) knows where our weak points are and we work on them until they are no longer weak points. You are unlucky that both your mind and your body are weak.

You have a very long road ahead of you highspeed. I suggest you stop posting, start reading everything you can find on the mindset of a warrior and hit the weights and the road. I would also suggest you go back to MEPS and renegotiate your contract; ask for the 82nd or 101st Airborne Divisions, or the 10th Mountain Division. You do not sound ready for whats ahead of you.

Crip

After being an SFAS Assessor for 3 years...Crip is spot on.

'I can tell you I'm gonna kick you in the nuts to your face, or I can walk up behind you and kick you in the nutz. The pain is the same'.

You will get kicked in the nutsack everyday during SOPC and then kicked in the nuts again everyday during SFAS. The pain in the same.

Just the fact that you're asking all these stupid questions COMBINED with the fact that you've admitted that you're fat, soft and broke BEFORE going to SFAS should be an indicator to you.

25?? I'm extremely surprised that you got in on that contract. The recruiter needs a talking to by some Green Hats.

STAY IN SCHOOL.

D

My time as a Ranger is the proudest moment in my life. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. You think SF will be hard? Shit, I give you ten minutes as a Ranger candidate! Now that's a tough bunch of assholes... tough like you have never seen!

As far as the Marine Corps? I have had the honor of serving alongside them in three combat zones. God bless the USMC! Tough bastards.

Maybe you should sign a cook contract, sounds like you enjoy your food and have a tough time keeping your mouth shut. Good place for you.

My time as a Ranger is the proudest moment in my life. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. You think SF will be hard? Shit, I give you ten minutes as a Ranger candidate! Now that's a tough bunch of assholes... tough like you have never seen!

As far as the Marine Corps? I have had the honor of serving alongside them in three combat zones. God bless the USMC! Tough bastards.

Maybe you should sign a cook contract, sounds like you enjoy your food and have a tough time keeping your mouth shut. Good place for you.

CLASS 15-89 (I'm the skinny bald dude, 5th row up)....hahahaa.....

58 total of the hardest days ever.....especially if you're fat, soft and broke...

}:-):2c:

Rangers? Little Fer, elevate your god dam feet you turd. You wouldnt last one day at Batt, let alone RIP!

RB, 89? cherry;) sorry, I couldnt help myself.

Rangers? Little Fer, elevate your god dam feet you turd. You wouldnt last one day at Batt, let alone RIP!

RB, 89? cherry;) sorry, I couldnt help myself.

Heyyyyy...it was still 'one a day'....and SGM Purdy was still there...

THAT, in itself, watchin the man at work...reaming out young butterbars, was a privilege.....

(altho mine was the last hard course...)

Think I'll go sew in some white thread now....lolol

Hey man... from the looks of it you have alot of shit to get together before you can succed in the Military.

I now have Option 40 in my contract...im slender in shape and can run like a deer....but still people tell me ranger school is the hardest thing I will ever do. Ranger's Marine's everything is difficult...and if you go into there with the mentality that you will breeze through it....your fooling yourself. I plan to make my way to SF after I get some exp as a Ranger.

The people on this forum have a wealth of knowledge and understand what you are going to have to go through...I take everything they say to heart, I would advise you do the same. I'm glad your going to give yourself a little more time to get prepared physically...but maybe you should think about the other aspects of the training as well....there is a huge mental game to it. You can't just do your best in SF.....sometimes your best will not be good enough, you need to set the bar where it needs to be to cut it in SF.

And from what I have seen the bar is still way out of your reach.
Now i'm not trying to play it off like im a little know it all, but I have done my research and ive listened to these guys. :2c:

But I want to wish you the best of luck mate

Heyyyyy...it was still 'one a day'....and SGM Purdy was still there...

THAT, in itself, watchin the man at work...reaming out young butterbars, was a privilege.....

(altho mine was the last hard course...)

Think I'll go sew in some white thread now....lolol

LMAO! the PURD! And I will give ya the creds on the white thread (not for me thanks,lol) and yes ours were the last hard classes. 2 mres a day:doh: slackers;)

you still did Dugway? Do you still Glow}:-)

LMAO! the PURD! And I will give ya the creds on the white thread (not for me thanks,lol) and yes ours were the last hard classes. 2 mres a day:doh: slackers;)

you still did Dugway? Do you still Glow}:-)

I was 5-0 going in to Dugway.....I had the exfil missin as TL...had 4 others with me that were all tabbed before going to Dugway (you knew if you were tabbed by then back in that day)

As soon as we went out the six, the cadre started throwing G simulators.....Those poor dudes did the whole trip in M-17's...Ambush... 10K's...Over the mountain and back.....

We watched them doing the mountain trek through the binos while drinking Hot Coffee in the snow....I still had a few heat tabs left over.....hahahahaha

We didn't have any cadre with us....Guess they trusted us to walk out in the desert 1 klik and turn around and come back.........lmao!!!!

I was 5-0 going in to Dugway.....I had the exfil missin as TL...had 4 others with me that were all tabbed before going to Dugway (you knew if you were tabbed by then back in that day)

As soon as we went out the six, the cadre started throwing G simulators.....Those poor dudes did the whole trip in M-17's...Ambush... 10K's...Over the mountain and back.....

We watched them doing the mountain trek through the binos while drinking Hot Coffee in the snow....I still had a few heat tabs left over.....hahahahaha

We didn't have any cadre with us....Guess they trusted us to walk out in the desert 1 klik and turn around and come back.........lmao!!!!

LMFAO! Good times!:cool:

Back