Quitting smoking, need some encouragment!

Any tips to help with the cravings? I'm trying to Join the Army in December and I know if I don't before I ship out Basic will be a bitch for sure. I know it's pretty much 100% mental as well but, I would love if something you tried help cause ive put down all my old bad habits but cigarettes are for sure the hardest thing ive tried to quit.
If you quit now it will be easier and the cravings won’t be there by the time your ready to ship. You’ll probably have a better run time aswell. I never had a smoking problem rather a social dipper that turned into a 1.5 can a day addiction, but one thing that helped with my cravings was I realized there was a schedule for when I dipped. After meals, showers, after workouts and before going to work. Replace the tobacco with a mint until you get sick of mints, or turn into me and keep packs of mints in your center console. But I’d rather have fresh breath than no jaw. Good luck man, kicking my addiction was the worst (but best) thing I’ve done so far.

If you quit now it will be easier and the cravings won’t be there by the time your ready to ship. You’ll probably have a better run time aswell. I never had a smoking problem rather a social dipper that turned into a 1.5 can a day addiction, but one thing that helped with mgoy cravings was I realized there was a schedule for when I dipped. After meals, showers, after workouts and before going to work. Replace the tobacco with a mint until you get sick of mints, or turn into me and keep packs of mints in your center console. But I’d rather have fresh breath than no jaw. Good luck man, kicking my addiction was the worst (but best) thing I’ve done so far.
Thank you and Yeah Ive had my shares of addictions and none as been near as bad as quiting smoking. Im trying to join a gym by the end of the month and start running as much as possible. Besides just doing situps,pushups, an runtime. Is there anything you recommend doing to get my chest and core stronger?

Thank you and Yeah Ive had my shares of addictions and none as been near as bad as quiting smoking. Im trying to join a gym by the end of the month and start running as much as possible. Besides just doing situps,pushups, an runtime. Is there anything you recommend doing to get my chest and core stronger?
I’m not an expert in fitness or anything but I would personally say keep it simple for now, pushups for chest and planks for core. No need for crazy workouts right off the bat.

I’m not an expert in fitness or anything but I would personally say keep it simple for now, pushups for chest and planks for core. No need for crazy workouts right off the bat.
Okay thank you, definitely will have to keep you updated on the process and really do appreciate your help Bambi.

72hrs chemical, lifetime mental.

Going on around 4 weeks. Life's presented some situations where a weaker me would have relapsed.

Fuck that shit.

I feel unbottled. The level of energy I have now is dangerous. Wish I could have done it sooner, but things lined up to where they are today for reasons, I guess.

Oh yeah, I started dipping in '98 once I got to Batt.

72hrs chemical, lifetime mental.

Going on around 4 weeks. Life's presented some situations where a weaker me would have relapsed.

Fuck that shit.

I feel unbottled. The level of energy I have now is dangerous. Wish I could have done it sooner, but things lined up to where they are today for reasons, I guess.

Oh yeah, I started dipping in '98 once I got to Batt.

I'm trying my damndest to kick the dip. Used to be a tin a day, now down to a tin every 3-4 days. It was easier to give up caffeine. All tobacco free @Ranger Psych or still playing with the dip?

I'm trying my damndest to kick the dip. Used to be a tin a day, now down to a tin every 3-4 days. It was easier to give up caffeine. All tobacco free @Ranger Psych or still playing with the dip?

Zip zilch. Straight cold turkey.

Was getting the new truck, massive amount of stressors, Was down to my last dip or two (or so I thought) and just said FUCK IT TODAYS THE DAY. Dumped out the can, winged the fucker and everything related to tobacco into the woodline (hate me for littering, I could care less)

Was also sick, so rode the depressed desire for nicotine till I got better from that. Flat out stopped. Cheaper to buy gum than tobacco any day of the week and twice on sunday, except in singapore and fuck that place.

Bout 4 days later when I still "sure could use a dip" but had no driving desire beyond mental to have one, found the roll I was missing. Gave it away at a truckstop to someone.

My energy level is up by about 150%. It's honestly dangerous. Mentioned it on facebook, one of my buddies on there is older than me but was one of my minions as a TL in Alaska. Told him that they were lucky I was chewing then considering how amped I am now without it.

Best hilarious analogy as to Dipping vs Clean? Vickers vs Pat Mac. I'm totally in the BLAZE OPS category now and it's not going away. Sorta funny when I start doing my work in a quick/motivated manner compared to other people doing the same exact job. I scare people and I like it.

Best hilarious analogy as to Dipping vs Clean? Vickers vs Pat Mac. I'm totally in the BLAZE OPS category now and it's not going away. Sorta funny when I start doing my work in a quick/motivated manner compared to other people doing the same exact job. I scare people and I like it.

KEEP IT HABITUAL! ROCK 'N ROLL!

Wow, I completely forgot to post in this thread this year. BIG milestone this year - back in July I hit my 10 year anniversary of quitting! I honestly couldn’t have done it without the support of this thread. Quitting is hard. Quitting on deployment is especially hard because you have a lot of time for these kinds of things.

Thanks to everyone for your support along the way!

Wow, I completely forgot to post in this thread this year. BIG milestone this year - back in July I hit my 10 year anniversary of quitting! I honestly couldn’t have done it without the support of this thread. Quitting is hard. Quitting on deployment is especially hard because you have a lot of time for these kinds of things.

Thanks to everyone for your support along the way!
Outstanding news, Brother!

Props to all who have managed to kick it. Every post in this thread reminds me that whilst I have made a fuck ton of mistakes in my life, one I didn't make was letting tobacco get its hooks in me. Thank you all. Keep going!

Back