Raid on President Trump's Home

If the accused is arguing that the search was over nothing and basically had no legal basis, yes.

I'm not saying the government shouldn't release the warrant, which should have been done within 24 hours of the raid given the enormity of it, but that the legitimacy of the warrant could already be known.

If I want to control the narrative that this is a political witch hunt, I'm releasing those documents. The only reason I'm not is if the warrant specifies things that aren't being reported on yet.

I appreciate the irony of him getting caught by a law he pushed for and signed, but I really hope this isn't the case. It fully creates precedent for every new election to have political prisoners.

I'm thinking someone in the inner circle who is facing charges/investigations themselves. I'm sure we'll know when they announce their book in 6-8 months.
By nature, a search warrant is going to read in a way that is damaging to its target; Anything damaging about Trump gets leaked. I'm kind of surprised it hasn't been published by NYT and CNN already.

Loved the last bolded part of your post..

I live in the world where you ask questions to better understand varying viewpoints. I guess you’re off in the echo chamber world.

I'm just not for weaponizing the DOJ against a former president. The precedent they set this week is one in which we will have Republican AGs now do the same to the other side. There's a great twitter account to follow here: https://twitter.com/CrimeADay

Basically you've probably committed 5 felonies since Breakfast. What we have here is just selective prosecution.

I'm just not for weaponizing the DOJ against a former president. The precedent they set this week is one in which we will have Republican AGs now do the same to the other side. There's a great twitter account to follow here: https://twitter.com/CrimeADay

Basically you've probably committed 5 felonies since Breakfast. What we have here is just selective prosecution.
Cool.

That would have to be a hell of a good source, with super placement and access, whose testimony would be above reproach. So… probably not the maid, probably not the gardener.

Either someone in President Trump’s inner circle, or someone on his Secret Service detail?

I’d guess an employee, not Secret Service, certainly not family. Someone on the administrative staff.

Who has a Washington Post subscription and can paste the relevant info here?

Because holy shit, if this is true it's probably the best reason to justify raiding a former President for documents.

Mar-a-Lago raid live updates: Feds were looking for classified documents about nuclear weapons during raid on Trump's Mar-a-Lago, Washington Post reports
Citing people familiar. Either put your name on it or commit sepuku. I've been so done with this shit for 5 years.

Who has a Washington Post subscription and can paste the relevant info here?

Because holy shit, if this is true it's probably the best reason to justify raiding a former President for documents.

Mar-a-Lago raid live updates: Feds were looking for classified documents about nuclear weapons during raid on Trump's Mar-a-Lago, Washington Post reports
-The FBI searched former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago home on Monday, sparking a firestorm.
-Attorney General Merrick Garland said he personally signed off on the warrant used in the raid.
-Feds were looking for classified documents about nuclear weapons during raid, The Washington Post reports.

Classified documents related to nuclear weapons were among the items the FBI was searching for during a raid on former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence on Monday, The Washington Post reported Thursday, citing people familiar with the investigation.

The people, who were unnamed, did not provide details on whether the documents concerned nuclear weapons belonging to the US or other nations. It's unclear if the documents were recovered in the search.

Oh man! I was getting tired of the old thing- I’m glad we have this current thing.

None of these stories make sense, none of the information lines up, and it was brought to you by the same people that have been after President Trump for 7 years.

Color me not giving a fuck.

Oh and if you’re on the ‘wait and see’ if it was warranted camp, you’re being the silliest lil goose. I’m excited to see how you feel when the other party is doing it.

The only appropriate reaction to this is ‘Disband the FBI. Immediately.’

I have found that anyone is capable of anything. It's entirely possible that President Trump had some super sketchy, very time-sensitive stuff in his home that the Justice Department, in the interests of national security and with no political malice aforethought, had no other recourse other than to send in dozens of armed men to secure it.

...but I don't think that's the case.

I'm curious too about the nuclear stuff. Whose nukes are we talking? Iran's? Israel's? the Norks'? Ours? And what is the characterization of that information? They seem to want to make people think he had the codes written down or something. I mean, I have "nuclear weapon information" on my work laptop. It's unclassified non-presidential-level open source information that I use for class, but if the FBI raided my office they could leak that they found "nuke stuff" in my files too.

I think it's shitty the way politicians handle classified information. The system is ripe for abuse and the consequences are too little and too inconsistent. But I don't have enough information right now to say "yeah I think this was a good call."

Is nuclear weapons code name for alien technology? Because I believe anyone on the Trump team would steal documents like that, as much as I believed he was the Russian Manchurian Candidate.

Well, now, wait a minute...Maybe he was so pissed that the election was stolen, he's got Barron down in the Mar a Lago basement with a Russian scientist building a suitcase nuke for the next January 6th insurrection. It makes perfect sense.

Well, now, wait a minute...Maybe he was so pissed that the election was stolen, he's got Barron down in the Mar a Lago basement with a Russian scientist building a suitcase nuke for the next January 6th insurrection. It makes perfect sense.
My brother in Christ, that’s what the Chinese Soros funded pedophiles want you to think! Don’t be a useful idiot! Time for a revolution!

Kidding. That’s obviously a joke. No one says those things and is taken seriously.

Everyone!!! Get on your e-bikes, today we ride!!

Bernie Sanders Revolution GIF by Election 2016

POLL: Mar-a-Lago Raid Backfires Spectacularly on Democrats

^I hope the headline proves to be true, but I think it's too soon to determine the long term effects. It's entirely possible that there was something genuinely bad in there, or that can be spun to look bad, and it redounds to the benefits of the Democrats.

Or, if the plan all along was to get Trump to announce he's running again because 1) it will energize Dems ahead of the midterms and 2) Trump will be easier to defeat (again) than another Rep candidate, then the long term utility is worth it over the short term hit.

The funny thing is how much Trump gets off on this shit. Supporters, detractors, defenders, attackers...all of them with his name in their mouths. He's all they talk about, all they think about, would spill blood for him or against him...

This raid just feeds that. It nurtures his black, little heart.

There's no way he doesn't run again. He doesn't give a shit about anything or anyone but himself. He has his cult who would do anything for him should he lose even the Republican nomination. He's a guy with enough sway that merely backing a candidate gives them a sizable boost in the polls.

Hell, the judge who signed off on the warrant had his entire life on the news by the end of the day. That moron alone gave Team Trump data to work with, to discredit him and the search. Obama donor, Epstein tie-in...that dude was made to energize the Trump base and cast doubt on the legality of the warrant.

Things I've seen explode in my lifetime: Two space shuttles, the twin towers, Anne Heche's car, and the heads of a hundred+ million Americans whenever Trump is quoted in the press.

Glorious!

The funny thing is how much Trump gets off on this shit. Supporters, detractors, defenders, attackers...all of them with his name in their mouths. He's all they talk about, all they think about, would spill blood for him or against him...

This raid just feeds that. It nurtures his black, little heart.

There's no way he doesn't run again. He doesn't give a shit about anything or anyone but himself. He has his cult who would do anything for him should he lose even the Republican nomination. He's a guy with enough sway that merely backing a candidate gives them a sizable boost in the polls.

Hell, the judge who signed off on the warrant had his entire life on the news by the end of the day. That moron alone gave Team Trump data to work with, to discredit him and the search. Obama donor, Epstein tie-in...that dude was made to energize the Trump base and cast doubt on the legality of the warrant.

Things I've seen explode in my lifetime: Two space shuttles, the twin towers, Anne Heche's car, and the heads of a hundred+ million Americans whenever Trump is quoted in the press.

Glorious!

My wife is like Trump like that: someone slaps her, she doesn't slap them back, she cuts off their head and puts it on a spike. She, like Trump, is a street fighter, loves getting dirty. Trump doesn't play by the rules. I think he'd be at home back in the Hamilton-Burr days, just dueling it out like a man.

My wife is like Trump like that: someone slaps her, she doesn't slap them back, she cuts off their head and puts it on a spike
Reminds me of a qoute I heard years ago from Sonny Barger. I like it and its always stuck with me.

Attachments

• quote-treat-me-good-i-ll-treat-you-better-treat-me-bad-and-i-ll-treat-you-worse-sonny-barger-7...jpg
    quote-treat-me-good-i-ll-treat-you-better-treat-me-bad-and-i-ll-treat-you-worse-sonny-barger-7...jpg
    48 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Back