Recommendations for rucking socks?

Jay_Pew

Verified Military
I'm getting ready to cross train into Combat Control, and I'm looking for socks that not only obviously meet regs (green) but are durable and have a good amount of thickness to provide support for long ruck marches and PT sessions in full ABU's. Anyone have any good recommendations on brands or websites, from their own expirence?

Yeah, Darn Tough socks are by far the best ones I've ever used.

As far as you know, would any of these socks meet AF regs during one of the battle field airmen pipelines? Because I notice a lot of them have colors on the brim of the socks.

As far as you know, would any of these socks meet AF regs during one of the battle field airmen pipelines? Because I notice a lot of them have colors on the brim of the socks.

Unless they're solid sage green, they don't meet the AFI. That being said, you may be given some leeway for field events. Ask the cadre.

Fox River. Only thing I'll ruck in the field. For quick hardball jaunts around Hunter I'll stick with standard PT socks but my feet are pretty tough. So start with the fox rivers

I agree with DasBoot and Avenger. Fox River all the way.

Combine those with calloused feet and Coloplast antifungal/ 2% miconazole nitrate foot powder, and your feet will be well prepared for any ruck event.

How do the fox river socks hold up in terms of protection from blisters?
I wore standard issue socks my first time at Cole range. I was on profile for 2 weeks because of the blisters and weeping wounds i developed from them when I went back to pre RASP. I had one blister on my little toe the second time I went through, while wearing only fox rivers. That's my endorsement

Another vote for SmartWool. Best socks I've ever owned. And backcountrydotcom (where I purchase them) has a sweet military discount.

I was a Smart Wool devotee until I was given a pair of Darn Tough socks to try out a couple years ago. Now it's nothing but Darn Tough.

Plus the Darn Tough lady gave me candy.

I was a Smart Wool devotee until I was given a pair of Darn Tough socks to try out a couple years ago. Now it's nothing but Darn Tough.

Plus the Darn Tough lady gave me candy.

I've been a Fox River and UnderArmor guy; never had an issue with them.

One of my NCOs just switched over to Darn Tough and made the same comments as @Raksasa Kotor

I was sold on Fox River, then goy some Darn Tough.
DT has a lifetime warranty, send the holy socks in (sounds like a Monty Python skit) and they will send replacements.

The vibe I'm getting here is Darn Tough is the way to go. I ordered a few pairs last night and wil be giving them a try during my rucks as soon as I get them.
DT has a lifetime warranty, send the holy socks in (sounds like a Monty Python skit) and they will send replacements.
And that's really good to hear I was not aware of that. That'll be good during the pipeline where they are bound to get plenty of use. Thanks for the advice.

Back