Retention and Recruitment Crisis

I don't need any help identifying Leftist nonsense. Now get back in your breath mint, it's double parked.

View attachment 45001
It's the tinfoil bro... you gotta use the heavy duty stuff! None of that made in China nonsense.

No Way Yes GIF by Peter Rabbit Movie

:D

I’m tracking that the military is comprised of the average citizen, but how can nearly 70% of our military be overweight? Further, the Navy is now saying fitness levels be damned we will still promote you. Obesity costs readiness and VA claims. At what point will the services, Navy specifically, start caring about how fat they are?

Sources:
Military obesity rates soar, compounding recruitment challenges - Roll Call.

Sailors Who Fail 2 Consecutive Fitness Tests Will No Longer Face the End of Their Career, Navy Says | Military.com

Unfortunately our military is a reflection of our population. If we locked all of the fatties out we’d have even bigger recruitment/retention problems.

I'd prefer soldiers not be overweight, but if a fatfuck (I say that with brotherly love) can do the job without issues I'm not for booting them out automatically. For example, I had an outstanding jr NCO who played D1 football and at 5'10 and about 240 lbs, could easily dunk a basketball. He excelled at everything in his MOS, but he looked fat.

Won't matter.
Liberal arts degrees go away.
Those teaching retire, or get retrained into a useful skill.
That African studies student gets a factory job.
I get to LOL as I am led away.

My first degree was political science with a minor in Africa Area Studies. In my first job I was hired because of my minor lol. But since? Great for Trivial Pursuit and Jeopardy!

I’m tracking that the military is comprised of the average citizen, but how can nearly 70% of our military be overweight? Further, the Navy is now saying fitness levels be damned we will still promote you. Obesity costs readiness and VA claims. At what point will the services, Navy specifically, start caring about how fat they are?

Sources:
Military obesity rates soar, compounding recruitment challenges - Roll Call.

Sailors Who Fail 2 Consecutive Fitness Tests Will No Longer Face the End of Their Career, Navy Says | Military.com
I think this study has come up before, but it's worth noting that the study is using a BMI of 25% to determine overweight, and a BMI of 30% for obese. BMI is pretty shit in a population that has more muscle than the average person.

As an example, this article on Average size range of BUD/S students lists 68-70 inches and 170-190 pounds; in BMI, that’about 25%-27%, or all overweight.

Hell, I'm 6'2 225, or 29% BMI. Did a DEXA scan a few weeks ago that had me at 22%.

The military probably has plenty more chubby people than it should, but no way near 70% unless we want a military of sticks.

Because the people in charge and making the decisions are also fat.

For anyone that would like to see, sign up for a Pentagon tour or have someone you know take you around.

Back