Retention and Recruitment Crisis

The last line of the story is hilarious, no one in uniform is too blame.
Wrong, Canada has a crop of Generals and Admirals who are more concerned with their careers then their troops.
We've had some really good Generals that should have had the job. But 'coincidentally' anyone that spoke against Trudeau's wishes had historical sexual misconduct allegations made against them. Majority have been since proven false but the damage is done. Now the Commie Fuck gets to put another feminist feather in his cap by nominating the first female CDS.

Speaking of retention. I get booted from the Military Healthcare System in San Antonio when I turn 65.
Not enough providers, finding a new Doc who takes new patients and Medicare is going to be a challenge. Local medical system is overwhelmed by illegals.
Think I am going to encourage folks to stay in?

I came back into the military (ARNG) at age 50 (my ex can no longer make a claim against my retirement) and I do not recognize what the Army has become. I do not mean just the NG but the active component as well. I spent 9 months in 131A school at Fort Sill and half my class was made up of leftest pronoun-obsessed sissies. As a former SF guy now serving in a leg support unit, I am left alone and avoided (as I like it) but cannot help but notice the pathetic leadership at the senior officer and NCO levels. When I returned to service, I joined an infantry unit and took over as the Scout Sniper section lead, half my boys could not pass a PT test, training was non-existent, and trying to get the Battalion leadership to conduct any type of level 1 training was futile. Since I left that unit, only 1 soldier of mine is still in out of 22 guys.
Additionally, my son is trying to go into the Army and is being slow-rolled to the point I had to call the recruiter and tell her to get her shit together, he is in great shape, scored well on the ASVAB, and motivated to join. I think that his lack of "diversity" is working against him and others as well. As one person in this forum said until we have piles of bodies of unqualified soldiers on a battlefield we will not correct our requirements or weak training issues. Chick Green Berets are not going to win the next conflict.

I came back into the military (ARNG) at age 50 (my ex can no longer make a claim against my retirement) and I do not recognize what the Army has become. I do not mean just the NG but the active component as well. I spent 9 months in 131A school at Fort Sill and half my class was made up of leftest pronoun-obsessed sissies. As a former SF guy now serving in a leg support unit, I am left alone and avoided (as I like it) but cannot help but notice the pathetic leadership at the senior officer and NCO levels. When I returned to service, I joined an infantry unit and took over as the Scout Sniper section lead, half my boys could not pass a PT test, training was non-existent, and trying to get the Battalion leadership to conduct any type of level 1 training was futile. Since I left that unit, only 1 soldier of mine is still in out of 22 guys.
Additionally, my son is trying to go into the Army and is being slow-rolled to the point I had to call the recruiter and tell her to get her shit together, he is in great shape, scored well on the ASVAB, and motivated to join. I think that his lack of "diversity" is working against him and others as well. As one person in this forum said until we have piles of bodies of unqualified soldiers on a battlefield we will not correct our requirements or weak training issues. Chick Green Berets are not going to win the next conflict.

One of my kids took the ASVAB and did very well, and for about 6 months a recruiter from every branch was calling, texting, and emailing him. No slow-rolling trying to snag him, but I have heard that from others as well.

One of my kids took the ASVAB and did very well, and for about 6 months a recruiter from every branch was calling, texting, and emailing him. No slow-rolling trying to snag him, but I have heard that from others as well.
I took the ASVAB something like 35 years ago and recently came across my results.

I guess it's a good thing I didn't go into anything math or engineering related.

Back