Retraining into SOWT

oterorphase

Photojournalist
Verified Military
I am working on swimming and have added weightlifting and kettlebells into my daily routine. currently at 10:05 mile and a half 60 pushups timed one minute 59 situps timed one minute 14 pullups timed one minute and have not timed any of my swims yet. I feel like I am getting closer to where I need to be physically in order to retrain. However, I had a question regarding retraining into the SOWT career field. I am not eligible to retrain until the end of this year but, I made SrA Below the Zone which makes me eligible to test for Staff this year and I cant seem to find any information on whether making Staff will make me fall under the Staff retraining quota or if I will still fall under FTA. If anyone has any knowledge on this that would be much appreciated.

Thank you for the reply. That’s basically what I’ve been told speaking with everyone at my base I just wanted to be sure In case I needed to give up a stripe or whatever was needed.

@OP You will fall under FTA retraining window even if you make staff, the FTA "flag" does not go away until you put on Tech I believe. I've had to research so much on this for my situation (retraining to TACP) glad to see I can put it to some use.

Back