Rocky vs Lowa Boots

I have the S2V (tan, not snot green), I like them. They have a good sole for roping and are OK to trot around in. I find a the soles quite soft compared to say Merrel Sawtooths which used to give me sore feet after a clicks.

The Lowas look sexy but I'm wary of sexy things after Oakley gloves and a certain stripper...
The S2Vs are also a bit more conventional looking as a boot and I suspect offer more ankle support for people like me that are pinned together.

I also have the S2V boots. I like it, its a good boot. More importantly, they fit my feet very well.
Ive tried these LOWA's on and they were horrible for my feet, just wrong in every conceivable way for me.

Have both for the field and they're great. Rockies are easier on the wallet but Lowas are higher quality: get what you pay for.
Lowas will attract SGMs' attention in garrison.

Okay, I'm going to be the wet blanket here... look at Pardus' post vice all of the others - it is the key - you have to see what works for you, and your foot shape - I was fine with leather leg boots, corcorans, jungles and Chips and Hanwags... all are well made and fit certain feet well... other guys had to fight to get boots that fit their feet... you will never know if a boot is good for you until you actually wear it in field conditions... you may have spent a paycheck on something that absolutely sucks for you. You pays your moneys and you takes your chances.

Okay, I'm going to be the wet blanket here... look at Pardus' post vice all of the others - it is the key - you have to see what works for you, and your foot shape - I was fine with leather leg boots, corcorans, jungles and Chips and Hanwags... all are well made and fit certain feet well... other guys had to fight to get boots that fit their feet... you will never know if a boot is good for you until you actually wear it in field conditions... you may have spent a paycheck on something that absolutely sucks for you. You pays your moneys and you takes your chances.

Yup, I decided a while back to never purchase a boot online unless Ive had a chance to try it on first. Even then, like xSF says you often wont find out until you really wear it.

I'm sorry for off topic banter, but I've always been envious of the huge availability of non-standard boots for all you non-Navy folks. Since the Navy moved on to NWU's, we got stiffed with 9" boots that have few commercial equivalents, let alone ones with zippered sides (my personal favorite). Again, sorry for going off topic.

Yup, I decided a while back to never purchase a boot online unless Ive had a chance to try it on first. Even then, like xSF says you often wont find out until you really wear it.

I've had reasonably good success by purchasing online, but having wide feet also limits me to what I can wear. For me, Merrill's and Danner's are the best fitting and while Asolo's are probably the best boots I've worn, even their wide width is a little too narrow.

Got my Lowa's yesterday...

They look super sharp... Feel good.. BUT

The friggin toe box. WTH. I ordered half a size up and I feel pressure on my toes and that is without my socks.

I am at size 12... They don't make half sizes or wide to my knowledge. Going to 13 seems like it would be a hell of a jump.

Does the toe box stop squeezing so much after a break in, or has anyone had this issue? Should I go ahead and order the next full size up (a whole size jump)?

Thanks!

The friggin toe box. WTH. I ordered half a size up and I feel pressure on my toes and that is without my socks.

I am at size 12... They don't make half sizes or wide to my knowledge. Going to 13 seems like it would be a hell of a jump.

Does the toe box stop squeezing so much after a break in, or has anyone had this issue? Should I go ahead and order the next full size up (a whole size jump)?

Thanks!

I have a pair for rucking and haven't had that problem. I do recall they may have been a little tight on the top of the toes when I got them, though I don't have that problem now. I didn't have to get them a size bigger or smaller. That's all I've got for ya, man.

Thanks!

:-"

SB, go back and read my post above... again... you idiot.

Unfortunately I do not have anywhere worth a flip that sells boots on any meaningful level that I currently have access to. Luckily I do have unlimited free 1 day shipping from a few retailers, so at least I have the next best thing, albeit a long drawn out version of it.

Unfortunately I do not have anywhere worth a flip that sells boots on any meaningful level that I currently have access to. Luckily I do have unlimited free 1 day shipping from a few retailers, so at least I have the next best thing, albeit a long drawn out version of it.
REI or EMS or Cabelas or Gander Mtn or RedWing or ..............

Back