Rucksacks

Ditto. I tried using the new MOLLE ruck a couple of years back, it looks cool but wasn't as functional as I would have liked. This PCS I didn't even take the one the unit issued.

Anything they issue that includes a video so you can put it together, is probably too complicated for you to issue to a guy like me.:2c:

I find it amazing that almost seven years after we were issued that POS that things haven't changed. They test the molle ruck on Rangers and e rejected it. The re-tested it on us and we rejected it. So what did the big Army do? They went ahead and issued it. I think about one in four of us actually used it. The rest of us continued to use the alice pack.

Like a lot of others here, I was always a fan of the LG ALICE and had mine modified as well (ie claymore pouch, star cluster pockets etc) and still have it. I bought one for turn in when I retired so I could keep it.

IMHO, the ALICE pack wasn't the problem, it was always the fucking frame.

Einstein invented the ALICE. Some sadistic whack job created the frame.

Like a lot of others here, I was always a fan of the LG ALICE and had mine modified as well (ie claymore pouch, star cluster pockets etc) and still have it. I bought one for turn in when I retired so I could keep it.

IMHO, the ALICE pack wasn't the problem, it was always the fucking frame.

Einstein invented the ALICE. Some sadistic whack job created the frame.

Haha! What? Holes in you lower back and raw armpits are'nt you idea of fun?

Take the pain! TAKE THE PAIN!!
SGT. Barnes

Haha! What? Holes in you lower back and raw armpits are'nt you idea of fun?

Take the pain! TAKE THE PAIN!!
SGT. Barnes

Hahaha

I stupidly blistered myself so bad I got poisoned heels (yes both :rolleyes: ) they were swollen and hurt like fuck.
I ran into a retired SGM who asked what was wrong I told him and he said "rub them vigorously", I told him it hurt like hell, he replied "Pain dissipates pain boy!"

LOL, his nickname was 'The Warlord' :cool:

Hahaha

I stupidly blistered myself so bad I got poisoned heels (yes both :rolleyes: ) they were swollen and hurt like fuck.
I ran into a retired SGM who asked what was wrong I told him and he said "rub them vigorously", I told him it hurt like hell, he replied "Pain dissipates pain boy!"

LOL, his nickname was 'The Warlord' :cool:

Haha! Pain disssipates pain... Poignant!

I think about one in four of us actually used it. The rest of us continued to use the alice pack.

"were it so easy...."

The Unit I belong to is run by MPs who insist on absolute adherence to one pattern. therefore, if it ain't ACU, we can't wear it. unless it's medical gear (leg rigs) it has to be in ACU... which means no ALICE rucks. ghey. fucking MPs. the sad thing is, 90% of my MPs are good guys and gals... it's just our command that's fucked up. "enjoy the suck", right?

"were it so easy...."

The Unit I belong to is run by MPs who insist on absolute adherence to one pattern. therefore, if it ain't ACU, we can't wear it. unless it's medical gear (leg rigs) it has to be in ACU... which means no ALICE rucks. ghey. fucking MPs. the sad thing is, 90% of my MPs are good guys and gals... it's just our command that's fucked up. "enjoy the suck", right?

The problem is that once you give joe and inch, he'll take a mile.

Only in a shitbird outfit with shitbird leaders IMO.

Anal disipline covers a deeper problem, A well lead unit doesn't need it. :2c:

Word.

The mindset that you can't give Joe an inch is what is wrong with the army.

What is the easiest (i.e. cheapest) way to modify the Large ALICE to an improved frame for comfort??

Can the existing frame and straps be modified, or chuck em and get a new support system??

The pack rat still has a line on some large ALICEs and I may pick one up..

What is the easiest (i.e. cheapest) way to modify the Large ALICE to an improved frame for comfort??

Can the existing frame and straps be modified, or chuck em and get a new support system??

The pack rat still has a line on some large ALICEs and I may pick one up..

As long as you have someone with a decent skills, an industrial type sewing machine and knowledge of different types of nylon and tacking, it shouldn't be any problem.

Grommets, Fastex Buckles and nylon straps are pretty much mainstays in adapting rucks to frames of all shapes and sizes (exterior only)

Interior frames are a whole nother story.

The mindset that you can't give Joe an inch is what is wrong with the army.

No, what is wrong with the Army is basic training/AIT. I used to love getting new privates who couldn't D & C, let alone walk in a fucking wedge. Now everyone thinks they should be able to wear what the fuck ever because they see someone, somewhere wearing it. I work with a lot of clowns like that.

I also love the attitude that there aren't shitty soldiers, just shitty leaders. Yeah...okay. :rolleyes:

In the case of the alice ruck/molle...if the shit is issued, you should be able to wear it.

I also love the attitude that there aren't shitty soldiers, just shitty leaders. Yeah...okay. :rolleyes:.

If leaders did/were allowed to do their jobs properly this would be true because the shitty soldiers would be hammered into place or kicked out.

In the current PC 'dont yell because its upsetting' Army mentallity of course there are shitty Soldiers, the system is breeding and encouraging it.

Sad state of affairs.

In the case of the alice ruck/molle...if the shit is issued, you should be able to wear it.

Wrong LOL Boon and Pardus can voche for me. Rest on your hips my ass...how about mid back. Military gear sucks in general. It is made for 5'7" to 6'0" nothing more nothing less.

Back