Rucksacks

I’ve got a MR ruck and I use their RATS pack as my aid bag. I’ve used them for years and so far I haven’t found anything that outperforms them.

I’m living out of the ruck for the next week. I constantly abuse the fuck out of it and not one stitch has failed.

Like most medics who work out of an aid bag, mine is a bit overstuffed but it remains in perfect condition.

I’ll probably be sending one to a family member OCONUS as a combination Christmas/belated 1LT promotion gift.

I like both MR and The Dead Bird, but I think Mystery Ranch is more functional, has more options. But man, I love their jackets.

Yes, Mystery Ranch really nails it. I have a large Arcteryx, high guality, great load distribution. But it’s like a duffle bag on your back, not many pockets. I use it to haul a metric to of gear to a fixed camp that vehicles can’t get to. The issue MOLLE IIIs and assault pack are decent, but I have to say again those MR rucks are tactical Cadillacs

I bought a Tactical Tailor MALICE because I couldn't accept the MR pricepoint for what was essentially "tactical luggage" to me while traveling from FOB to FOB.

This was 2009, but I thought TT's nylon hardware was weak and prone to breaking. Mine's served me well, but I have to watch how I tighten the buckles. A teammate bought an MR ruck before their prices jumped nearly 100% and loves his ruck. He's also a Kifaru owner, so for him to sing MR's praises says something.

TT's MALICE was (maybe still is, maybe is not) a great ruck with questionable hardware. MR is a great everything, but with a heavy pricepoint. If you can stomach the price, MR is a great choice.

I bought a Tactical Tailor MALICE because I couldn't accept the MR pricepoint for what was essentially "tactical luggage" to me while traveling from FOB to FOB.

This was 2009, but I thought TT's nylon hardware was weak and prone to breaking. Mine's served me well, but I have to watch how I tighten the buckles. A teammate bought an MR ruck before their prices jumped nearly 100% and loves his ruck. He's also a Kifaru owner, so for him to sing MR's praises says something.

TT's MALICE was (maybe still is, maybe is not) a great ruck with questionable hardware. MR is a great everything, but with a heavy pricepoint. If you can stomach the price, MR is a great choice.

@AWP Hmmmmm, perhaps a used Mystery Ranch is the way to go

The price isn't for the faint of heart, but if there is a desire to have multiple rucks, mission dependant that is, investing in the MR frame is worth it. At least it makes the other styles less painful to purchase.

Whew, I’d say...damn, 9 years. Hats off to you

To quote Dickens without a trace of irony:
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

Whew, I’d say...damn, 9 years. Hats off to you

You can read my assessment of what it did to him by reading his signature line.

Disgusting...but in its own sick demented way the product of a twisted and yet brilliant mind...ravaged by too many years among the savage tribes of the Hindu Kush, amid the desolation of war, man-rape and banditry, driven to the brink of the abyss of raging insanity by the fetid fumes from the stagnant Bagram cesspool. -Ocoka One

Back