Rucksacks

We called all our web gear, helmets, canteens, rucks, pack harness, web belts, all that junk, Seven-Eighty-Two Gear. Damn, @DC , you know your history.

Meanwhile, I am digging the OG M16 at the bottom....

I carried the bloop for about a month because we rotated weapons and responsibilities every 3-4 weeks. That way everybody knew how to do everybody else's job. When there's only 12 of you, you gotta be flexible.

Enough of a hijack...sorry.

We called all our web gear, helmets, canteens, rucks, pack harness, web belts, all that junk, Seven-Eighty-Two Gear. Damn, @DC , you know your history.

782 gear, AKA "deuce gear," named after the form that is used for distribution.

I found that out at my last stop as a corpsman in the reserve, which was a 4th fssg supply unit.

Im just old and was issued the same in 77. Still have a load bearing harness brand new somewhere as a spare. Played with the 79 too. Loved that blooper.😃 oh still have my steel pot with cammo cover too👍🏾

We were still using the M79 in the early 2000s. One of the boys unfortunately found himself right at the tipping point where the 35 year old firing pin wouldn't hard strike a round anymore. He'd been carrying it for a few weeks as his primary, with his rifle slung, then couldn't get rounds away when they got in a contact. Talk about grumpy...

If you want an unbreakable pack to carry your house in...
I present the Norwegian Norrøna Recon Pack. The older version, mind you. The newer ones aren’t unbreakable.
381186A2-5EE4-4BA0-9C49-E0629FEF7623.jpeg

Still using my Berghaus Crusader 90/20...worthy of pack mule freaking misery....issued in the early 80's...other than a connector or two...still humping

Berghaus are a great old school brand. Their Munro is still an excellent daysack and the design hasn't changed in decades... Perfect in it's simplicity.

When I think of Rucksacks I only think of PT.

I run an oldschool od green ALICE with a 80 lb rogue bag in it... no joke she comes out to 99 lbs which is perfect for pt.

Now if you want a bag to carry stuff....yeah mystery ranch is solid. Bags are like armpits.....every body has 2... wait that makes no sense!?!,!?!@$%!@!

:-x;-):zzz::-o

If it doesn't have to be tactical.
Odd for gear, I guess. I taken a lot of time off from hitting the park trails (it double duties use as luggage) with The North Face Banshee 65 youtube link. This is what I use.
IMG_20181006_2307168_rewind.jpg

I have a used milsurp USMC IBLE as well, but for what it's worth, and I prefer the Banshee over the IBLE. Outside the military I've no interest in camoflage, nothing works better than mud, and it usually covers camo anyhow.

Back