Save the Ukraine

The can get big by getting us out of Europe, whic is what the next BRAC could accomplish (geesh, I am argueing in favor of keeping all the existing bases, I hate you Mr Putin).

Don't know how many of the T-50's they have on line yet....they are pretty nasty.

None ATM, all still testing.

I just watched a doco about German Mig-29's going up against US F-18s in war games/training, they were at least holding their own, with the US even putting restrictions on what the Germans were allowed to do to win.
Ive also been hearing that the USAF is having major problems now with the aircraft being worn out during the last two campaigns.

IIRC the main reason they did so well (and it was back in the mid/late 90s too I think?) was because of the IRST aiming that the MiGs had that the US aircraft didn't. US aircraft have got a bunch of helmet mounted aiming systems now so that side of things is a bit more even. That said, it's all about BVR these days, kill them first at range before they you. I'm not sure how good the Russians are at that but they've had 20+ years of others using their systems against the US to learn.

IIRC the main reason they did so well (and it was back in the mid/late 90s too I think?) was because of the IRST aiming that the MiGs had that the US aircraft didn't. US aircraft have got a bunch of helmet mounted aiming systems now so that side of things is a bit more even. That said, it's all about BVR these days, kill them first at range before they you. I'm not sure how good the Russians are at that but they've had 20+ years of others using their systems against the US to learn.

That was a big factor in the advantage they had, the other was the huge power to weight ratio they had over the US aircraft. The Migs could go vertical without any restriction.

Anyway, here is the doco I watched.

I disagree, the prime motive for Barbarossa was Lebensraum ('living space') . If the prime motivator was POL, Hitler would have put serious resources into the Afrika Korps and have them take the Caucasus oil fields and saved himself a huge amount of effort and resources.

I agree, the PRIME motive for the invasion was "living space"; I never said it wasn't. I said "one of the major reasons" was POL. Heck, I'm just quoting Albert Speer, the German Minister for Armaments and War Production. I assume he'd have known.

My main point is still valid; anything happening in that region is not worth a single American life, including that of my son.

I agree, the PRIME motive for the invasion was "living space"; I never said it wasn't. I said "one of the major reasons" was POL. Heck, I'm just quoting Albert Speer, the German Minister for Armaments and War Production. I assume he'd have known.

My main point is still valid; anything happening in that region is not worth a single American life, including that of my son.

I just got off the phone with Hitler and he said Speer was full of shit. lol

You are correct.

You know the Soviets were a real bunch of pricks when the Ukrainians were celebrating the arrival of the Nazis! :hmm:

You know the difference between Operation Barbarossa and Operation Iraqi Freedom?

Barbarossa had a civil affairs/post-hostilities plan.

:-o

I notice you didn't call it a "good" plan... :D

Patton said a bad plan today is better then a good plan tomorrow.

So why do you think the Post WW II reconstruction plan wasn't good?

???

You think the Nazis post-invasion of Russia civil affairs plan was good? :-/

Palin might know a thing or two about a thing or two.

Because the weak Senator Obama's reactions to the Georgia invasion impacted the Russian's actions more then the POTUS actions? Solid Palin logic. Surprising that Palin didn't see this coming from her back yard.

Make fun of Joe Biden for all his faults he actually has a record of achievement, what does Palin have for actual achievements. A pipeline as governor that was suppose to qualify her to be VP and after she quit as governor the project never was completed.

Back