SAWMAN Associated Press Interview

Security? I'm just saying, the beginning of this thread starts with one of the members of this forum doing an AP interview.
A very generic and short interview with no 'secret' or other operational information given.
And this entire website is dedicated to the discussion of special operations. Yet you're not ok with discussing special operations?
This site is akin to a bunch of Team guys and their non-team friends sitting around a picnic table drinking coffee - specific current operations are not discussed, or did that escape you?
Confused as to the purpose of the forums then? No one is asking you to divulge top secret info. I can surf over to WikiLeaks for that.
General Special Operations information is available on this site, feel free to head over to wikileaks or any other site you please. It would take too long to try to explain open source intelligence breaches - it's not always what is said, but it can where, why, how, and who says it, in what context that makes it dangerous.
I joined this website because I didn't want some douche on CNN telling me how the men and women of the military and special ops units felt about everything. I wanted to hear it directly from someone in the military.
The problem there is you are discounting opposing viewpoints, and becoming one of the sheeple that hides behind the sheepdogs.... allowing even the most honorable of protectors to have that much control over what you hear is dangerous and allows the tyrants to win... a good hearted tyrant is still a tyrant.
This way I knew what to believe and what is someone trying to capitalize politically by envoking patriotism for the military.
If somebody is telling you what to believe, you are too far gone to help. Belief is based on your personal truths and experiences, belief may require leaps of faith, belief is part of the depth of character that needs individual involvement in finding far inside, what are the kernels of truth that bolster and support the beliefs - and holding them in the face of opposition.

We don't want to be your personal information tyrants - I, Personally don't want that responsibility - I'll help educate you, force you to think outside the normal parameters, challenge you, and piss you off - but I won't tell you what to believe - that's forstering your cowardice - a cowardice that won't allow you to think for yourself.

Young man - find your own truths in which to anchor your beliefs - and do not ask anybody to 'give you the answers' or 'tell you what to believe' - you are asking to become one of the faceless, nameless cogs from THX1138 or 1984, or the Gulags....

Remember - the knife screams as it is forged, hammered, anealed, shaped, hardened and sharpened... and is the source of screams from the wielder's enemies when used - but mostly sits in a sheath ready, or re-sharpened, or used for practice... A warrior is much the same, but you have no frame of reference for this to truly make sense.

This site is akin to a bunch of Team guys and their non-team friends sitting around a picnic table drinking coffee - specific current operations are not discussed, or did that escape you?

Disregard. Waste of time.

Should we cater to you and your needs? The shadowspear forums are not designed to provide discussion on all aspects of special operations. The purpose of this forum is to provide a place for members of the special operations family to come together and discuss issues. We do not restrict access to this website and welcome anyone to become a member and participate in this discussion. Keep in mind that you are a guest in our house and while we will strive to be hospitable, we are by no means obligated to provide you with anything. If you don't like the chow at my table, feel free to go else where. I suggest you read more and post less.

And I absolutely appreciate you guys letting civilians in on the discussions. Its a rare glimpse into an otherwise little known and secretive world. I respect the hell out of anyone in the military. Especially the brave men and women of the special ops community. I apologize if I came off as ungracious or disrespectful in anyway. That is def not the way I intended my responses to be. I understand your apprehension about the information that goes on these forums and I hope anyone with any knowledge that could jeapordize the safety of anyone in the military would just keep it to themselves as it ultimately makes me and my family safer if that information doesn't get out. As a matter of fact, they should string up that dude from wikileaks for the shit he put up there. Scumbag risks everything we've worked for. I know this particular thread isn't about that so sorry to the person who started it for getting off topic. Again, I really appreciate everything you military personnel do on a daily basis. Hope you guys and girls stary safe and get home to enjoy the peace with your families that you fought so hard to give us.

Thanks for passing those along I missed the one on Fox it was pretty interesting. Please pass along any others that you can.
Respectfully,
Bill

I'm a bit late on this one and don't know if you're still here or not and don't really care, but I challenge you to tell us all what exactly you feel you have worked for, and in what capacity.

Money5555: Scumbag risks everything we've worked for.

Class act as always Sawman.

Back