School/Mass shootings are now part of our culture.

I am SO disappointed that REI got involved in this. I’ve spent literally thousands of dollars there...now I just don’t know.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...to-its-weapons-sales-nra-ties/&freshcontent=1

CamelBak water bottles, Bell bicycle helmets, Giro ski goggles — these products are all owned by Vista Outdoor, which includes gun and ammo makers among its brands and has a strong connection to the National Rifle Association.

And that’s part of the reason REI, a nationwide outdoor retailer and consumer co-op, announced Thursday evening that it would no longer be ordering CamelBak, Bell, Giro or any other of the 50 Vista Outdoor brands to sell in its stores.
Hey REI!

How’s that “woke-to-broke” transition going for you? Man I used to spend a lot of money there, like THOUSANDS in a year…not so much the past few though.

Hoping your virture-signaling stunt of dropping CamelBak (you seriously dropped CamelBak?)paid off for you.

R EI loses $311M in 2023, second year in a row it failed to turn a profit

Oooh…maybe not so much. Bet you wish all of us who used to shop with you exclusively still did, eh?

PS: I see you sell CamelBak again, and most of the other stuff you made such a big deal about not selling anymore.

Brave strategy friend, brave strategy indeed.

Hey REI!

How’s that “woke-to-broke” transition going for you? Man I used to spend a lot of money there, like THOUSANDS in a year…not so much the past few though.

Hoping your virture-signaling stunt of dropping CamelBak (you seriously dropped CamelBak?)paid off for you.

Oooh…maybe not so much. Bet you wish all of us who used to shop with you exclusively still did, eh?

PS: I see you sell CamelBak again, and most of the other stuff you made such a big deal about not selling anymore.

Fuck them. I won’t go back.

Hey REI!

If you're not shopping Scheels here now, you're doing it wrong. Just sayin.

Hey REI!

I haven't set foot in their stores since that shit, and don't plan to go back.

Hey REI!

I end up going in there from time to time, guess they haven't sold many co-op memberships (a racket) recently. Honestly, they sell A LOT of overpriced kit. To the point where you're looking only at REI Co-op stuff because they don't stock name brand low end as they don't want to have another libtard company The North Face competing at the low end of the market.

If you're not shopping Scheels here now, you're doing it wrong. Just sayin.

We got a Scheels last year, place is ginormous.

I used REI for a bunch of my odds and ends ski wise. The serious stuff like jacket and gloves I got elsewhere. The main reason being that you have 365 days to return something, even if you've worn it all season. At least with a membership that is, which I've had since, oh, I can't even remember...a long time (they are lifetime memberships).

It allowed me to legit try stuff and figure out what I liked and didn't like/fit/use. That was my reason for going there. I didn't know the whole political side of things to be honest, but I'm not sure that would've shifted my purchases as that return policy is hard to beat, especially given how new I was to winter sports and trying everything.

The return policy seems like a bad business model given how much I know I returned, but it's great for me the customer.

Oh, we also didn't have any other option until three or four weeks ago, when a Scheels opened out here, which is absolutely glorious, and will likely become my go-to for when I know what I want given its superior selection.

I used REI for a bunch of my odds and ends ski wise. The serious stuff like jacket and gloves I got elsewhere. The main reason being that you have 365 days to return something, even if you've worn it all season. At least with a membership that is, which I've had since, oh, I can't even remember...a long time (they are lifetime memberships).

It allowed me to legit try stuff and figure out what I liked and didn't like/fit/use. That was my reason for going there. I didn't know the whole political side of things to be honest, but I'm not sure that would've shifted my purchases as that return policy is hard to beat, especially given how new I was to winter sports and trying everything.

The return policy seems like a bad business model given how much I know I returned, but it's great for me the customer.

Oh, we also didn't have any other option until three or four weeks ago, when a Scheels opened out here, which is absolutely glorious, and will likely become my go-to for when I know what I want given its superior selection.
So TL;DR: REI for practice, Scheels for performance?

So TL;DR: REI for practice, Scheels for performance?

That's how I did it. Try an assortment from REI, even without a membership, return with no questions asked for 30 days. Try different materials, fit, items for a new sport, weekend get-away...use it, and return it if you're not 100%.

I wasn't sure how loose I wanted things or which material would hold up best for me. Tried them from REI while I was learning. I also found out where spending the money on nicer brands is worth it. However, now for those nicer brands at Scheels, when I try it on, I know how I want it to fit. That's huge to me on a 300$ item, and the 100$ wasn't a waste of my money using that lesser brand for my first foray into skiing.

Back