SEAL Busted for Gun Possession, Put In Psych Ward... For Claiming to be a SEAL

Charges may end up being dropped on a few grounds. Still, his unit is going to have a field day with him.
Originally disagreed with you, but upon further review...

He'd be o.k, had the story not shown up nationally. The story going national means big Navy can get involved, his career may have hit a speed bump.

Just saw this link posted up across the street. http://www.veteranstoday.com/author/gordonduff/

The author makes the following claim: Navy Seal Sean Day was carrying a pistol in New York City. SEALS can do this as “first tier” counter-terrorism forces. Their authority is far beyond that of local police, even NYPD, America’s most corrupt law enforcement agency.

Lol.... I see I need to provide a bit more commentary thanks to the haters like SOWT. :D I know this is complete bullshit. I was just throwing it up there mostly for amusements sake. I figured there would be some pretty good refutals coming from the people here.

Just saw this link posted up across the street. http://www.veteranstoday.com/author/gordonduff/

The author makes the following claim: Navy SEAL Sean Day was carrying a pistol in New York City. SEALS can do this as “first tier” counter-terrorism forces. Their authority is far beyond that of local police, even NYPD, America’s most corrupt law enforcement agency.

Yes that isn't how it works lol, the posse comitatus act prevents any and ALL federal troops from engaging in police activities within the US except under extreme conditions.

The author makes the following claim: Navy SEAL Sean Day was carrying a pistol in New York City. SEALS can do this as “first tier” counter-terrorism forces. Their authority is far beyond that of local police, even NYPD, America’s most corrupt law enforcement agency.

Lol.... I see I need to provide a bit more commentary thanks to the haters like SOWT. :D I know this is complete bullshit. I was just throwing it up there mostly for amusements sake. I figured there would be some pretty good refutals coming from the people here.

This guy Duff is a fucking nutjob. He goes on to say this,

"Additionally, any “tier one” member of our military is officially covered by laws that protect intelligence agents. They are not to be questioned under any circumstances or held except under the authority, as in this case, of the Secretary of the Navy. There are Naval facilities and appropriate authorities in New York or, if necessary, the police should have consulted the FBI rather than to question an intelligence operative and to illegally incarcerate him in a mental health facility for identifying himself as “an intelligence agent.” There are reasons intelligence agents are protected. Their lives are always in danger and, often as not, were they to be assassinated, it would be a police officer hired for such a task. Part of all intelligence training includes some very interesting information on this which is, of course, classified. I, of course, have the common sense to avoid abusing people who can shoot you in the head from 800 yards and never be heard from again. Being one of those folks, I tend to note the irony."

:ehh:

This kind of rubbish is not only wildly inaccurate, it's dangerous because there will be people out there who believe it. There is not a cadre of military professionals out there who operate above the law and who can go around breaking whatever rules they want and killing anyone who detains them. :rolleyes: And oh by the way, there is a huge difference between an "intelligence agent" and a member of the SOF community.

I, of course, have the common sense to avoid abusing people who can shoot you in the head from 800 yards and never be heard from again. Being one of those folks, I tend to note the irony.

One of what folks? Is this guy he's saying he's part of this mass, rogue military unit? :rolleyes: And if a dude can hit someone in the head from 800 yards away with a handgun he has illegally concealed inside his vehicle, then yeah, maybe you should be afraid of a guy like that.:hmm:

This kind of rubbish is not only wildly inaccurate, it's dangerous because there will be people out there who believe it. There is not a cadre of military professionals out there who operate above the law and who can go around breaking whatever rules they want and killing anyone who detains them. :rolleyes: And oh by the way, there is a huge difference between an "intelligence agent" and a member of the SOF community.

One of what folks? Is this guy he's saying he's part of this mass, rogue military unit? :rolleyes: And if a dude can hit someone in the head from 800 yards away with a handgun he has illegally concealed inside his vehicle, then yeah, maybe you should be afraid of a guy like that.:hmm:

Ah, but you did not refute the claim of police officers being used to assassinate intelligence agents. I see........ :ninja:

This is an interesting thread. As a New York City native I can say that there is nothing "strange" about being pulled over and having your car tossed. A few times I might have attributed it to DWB but providing my military ID usually takes care of that fairly quickly. I will say this as far as NYPD cops and military members carrying handguns. My unit has several NYPD officers (as well as COs that work on Rikers) and they are all told at the academy that Servicemembers with firearms are not to be bothered if they dont have them on some other crime. The NY law states IN UNIFORM and ON DUTY but they are told by their instructors dont bother either way. Over the years I have had a few friends get "caught" carrying weapons and not in uniform and only one that I know of was taken to central booking and made to spend a few hours in holding. He eventually talked to a SGT there who checked through his stuff, saw the CAC card and moved his paperwork to the top. Moments later he was released as a "professional courtesy" with no further action and he questioned him as to why he didnt "say something" earlier. My general experience is that 99% of NYPD cops are not going to hassle a Soldier for having a handgun in his car. Carrying it would get you a long conversation but again I have known guys get sent on their way with the advice to lock it up and put it in the trunk and obey the traffic laws "next time". An awful lot of NYPD cops come to the force after a couple of years in the service (as opposed to the only other way in - college credits) and upon seeing the military ID get to talking about their old MOS,etc... and quite a few are reservists at Ft. Totten, Hamilton or somewhere close by. That having been said I wouldnt want to be left at the mercy of a cop in NYC and when I have had occasion to carry in the city it was with the authorization card (issued by the Physical Security NCOIC) and given my MOS, clearance and what not I wouldnt want to do it any other way.

CDG I hear ya loud and clear. Lets just say its fairly common... especially in the outer boroughs.

Lol.Back to SERE. yup.Id imagine it went something like this..

----cop
"Sir,licence and registration please..."
--Dumbass
"Why? What did I do officer?Im a fucking Navy SEAL WTF?!?"
-----cop
"You ran a redli..... huh? What did you say?"
----Dumbass
"I said I'm goddam ELITE n shit.I could snap your neck in a goddam microsecond if I wanted,not that I would,but im so wired up from my last mission!!"
-----cop
"Sir, can you please step out of your vehicle.....Keep your hands where I can see them. Do you have any weapons or drugs in your possession?"
--Dumbass
"Stupid question man.Ive got a loaded pistol in my shirt, but that its cool because I'm a badass MF with TOP secret clearance, so why don't you just do your nation a favor and let this shit go."

lol

Back