Security Clearance Question

I believe she's referring to whether you will be required to have Top Secret/ SCI level clearance or only Secret clearance. Secret clearance is easy as hell to get, top secret it pretty easy too, it's just a long drawn out process. When I had my interview for TS/SCI in basic training, I totally forgot my girl friend's name for about two minutes. I literally stared at the investigator, just trying to remember her name. Lol, they said it wasn't that uncommon to forget things like that though, especially when they conduct the interviews in basic. But anyway, you should be fine. Half of my family is Burmese and some of my extended family were high ranking political and military officials of the old regime, and I got my TS regardless.

Damn, I feel like an idiot. Maybe I should start using gender neutral terms of address.

Since when are girl friends on security clearances?
I listed her as a non-family reference. At least I think that's what I listed her as. It was over two years ago so my memory is fuzzy. I'm married now so I barely remember my ex at all haha

QUOTE="digrar, post: 420961, member: 60"]Rookie mistake to use the one person who is most likely to stab you in the chest while you sleep, as a reference...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, luckily we broke up a week after that interview and not before they talked to her. She could have really thrown a wrench into things if she wanted to...

So let that be a piece of advice to OP. No lovers as references unless their fate is tied to yours.

My question is this. What about a fiance who will be my wife when I enlist? I'm hoping for an op 40 in my contract and she has a criminal history. Will that affect my ability to get a clearance?

Back