SF Support

OK let me know if you make it back up here, maybe we can meet up and talk.

I would say "we could meet up with Boon" but since I'm not convinced he actually exists...

... Fighting off the MED Board docs at this point...
... SFAS round 2 here again soon...
... I'm really tired of the Army and all it's medical assholeness.

Gotta question. If your knees are bad enough you're being reclassed out of your current MOS - and quite possibly attaining a permanent profile, why do you think you could make it to SFAS much less get through it? Maybe there's a genuine reason the Army docs are doing this.

If you think the docs are wrong, then fight the permanent profile and keep your current job rather than focusing on getting out of your job and accepting the docs prognosis. THEN think about SFAS. Sure there are guys with prosthetics in SF, but they were there before they got the prosthetics. SF isn't going to accept anything less than the absolutely freshest cream on the top of the milk going in.

LL

The fight ended today. Ortho submitted their comments about my knee and psych about some other bullshit and across the board they say no bueno. NARSUM came back today and there's no real way I can fight this. I'm on my way out. JAG says it'd be a waste. Their not going to allow me to jump. Nor ruck. Nor sit at a desk. They've made that pretty clear.

So, how long after a 199 comes back does it usually take to get the final rating as well as orders? Anyone?

Thanks again for everyones help. Now, maybe I can become an Army Civilian at range control or something. Better yet, I'll go to college, play lacrosse, destroy people.

The fight ended today. Ortho submitted their comments about my knee and psych about some other bullshit and across the board they say no bueno. NARSUM came back today and there's no real way I can fight this. I'm on my way out. JAG says it'd be a waste. Their not going to allow me to jump. Nor ruck. Nor sit at a desk. They've made that pretty clear.

So, how long after a 199 comes back does it usually take to get the final rating as well as orders? Anyone?

Thanks again for everyones help. Now, maybe I can become an Army Civilian at range control or something. Better yet, I'll go to college, play lacrosse, destroy people.

FWIW, life on the outside world isn't as bad as it could be. There are tons of jobs with the right skill set, work ethic, and drive. Retiring was the second smartest move I've ever made.

FWIW, life on the outside world isn't as bad as it could be. There are tons of jobs with the right skill set, work ethic, and drive. Retiring was the second smartest move I've ever made.

The first was to come to a link up with Boon, Car, My Wife and I.... Miss Ya Sunshine

No telling on how long the rating will take, I have been going throught the process for over 2 years now. My treatments are done, but the VA and MEB/PEB have been so backed up I have spent the last 6 mths just sitting around waiting.

Once you are out drop your CV to Xe, SOC-SMG, TC and Dyn. You will probably get picked up fairly quick as long as you can pass WPPS physical requirements. At least that will give you a chance to pad your bank account and make some clear choices on where you want to go from there. You could possibly IC for a year or two and get picked up at a local LEA, do your time and end up on a SWAT team some where.

Have you looked into 35M (HUMINT)? Has both tactical and strategic positions.

Back