Silly shit in a gun shop

Sounds like Grandpa's Rick. I never darken the door of the place. Ever.
Right you are. I actually bought my Kimber there.
I'm thinking about getting a J-frame and saw a no carry sign on the front door and headed the other way. How are you going to sell firearms and not support their carry?

There's actually a gun store name "Grandpa Ricks?" :confused::D

Sounds like my dad's old Moonshine business. :cool:

Right you are. I actually bought my Kimber there.
I'm thinking about getting a J-frame and saw a no carry sign on the front door and headed the other way. How are you going to sell firearms and not support their carry?

It could be a by-product of having the customers that are mentioned in this thread. We those customers we don't need the anti-gun nuts to help erode our rights.

Apparenty it is so there is no picture taking. Dont want you casing the place.

You're dead on, actually. One of the shops experienced exactly that, and subsequently banned phones. Others in the area picked up the practice. I was wondering if it was localized to Phila/Bucks/Delaware counties in PA.

Now I don't pretend to know everything about firearms. But you should hear some of the crapola I've been told by gun store guys thinking the lil lady don't know squat

I've not seen too many women in gun stores, myself. But one in particular I witnessed a few weeks back was purchasing a bow for her husbund. She then she asked about what she should carry. Without fail the guy behind the counter, Joey, picks out the J-Frame revovler chambered in 38 Special.

I would have ased "how much experience do you have with firearms?" Depending on the answer to that question it would lead me to several or one type of firearm. Hell, maybe the woman is a top class USPSA shooter, but she wouldn't be asking that type of question if she where. Hence the question and answer session.

Funny thing was he showed her a second slightly heavier J-Frame with a laser. She immediately said "Oh yeah, thats what I need" when she saw the red dot on the wall she was aiming at. This was while lauphing and getting all excited. :rolleyes:

She also complained that the trigger pull was going to give her wrist cramps. Questions, answers, more questions and get more information with women.

Unless you have been shooting pistols all your life, it is hard for us to rec'd a decent carry pistol, given many circumstances and your ability to be trained by a confident husbund or boyfriend who has some trigger time behind the sights of a pistol.

Other than at matches likse IDPA, IPSC etc I've yet to meet a woman that actually knows what's she doing with a pistol. No offense meant, it's just a reality. The women that compete know what they want and know more than the guy's behind the counter, in most cases.

Just sayin. You know where to send the hate mail.

Judith, you still grip your pistol wrong. :p

Back