Some fast rope pics of ladders

Brandon, Those are some great photos, but please post an Introduction in the correct sub-forum before posting again.
Thank you.

Ladders? Are you trying to refer to "elevators," or is there some term that I'm not familiar with when it comes to fast roping?

Fuck, you could jump that distance. Try a Swiss seat with 9mm manilla and a carabina at #1.

Brandon,
Were all of those taken up at Campbell? Looking at the trees it must have been kind of a cold day(s).

Man I MISS Rotary Wing in FCKY!!! I was always so stoked when we put it on the training calendar. I love everything about helos and doing HAFs. I miss fast roping (from a helo, not that terrifying death trap mock up behind the PT field at Benning).

No such thing as too low for fast rope btw. My first and only combat rope in Iraq was from 15 feet (maybe!) and in all that weight and in those conditions.. it can be pretty difficult.

In contrast to AKkeith, I have never fast roped, and I have never rappelled from a helo. When I did Air Assault School our rappel days got weathered out, and the whole time I was in the 101st I was in a TOW platoon or on battalion staff, we always did the slingload thing.

yeah, there are some ropes ive done that I swear the rope was just a formality, we were so close to the ground. Also, I have never done a long rope before, I think my highest was probably 45 feet or so, but some guys have done some 90 footers. Can't imagine how a guys hands would feel after that, even with roping gloves on.

Back