Some Ranger Pix

And problem solved:

This pic was also part of the set released..
6215804pkpc.jpg

Brendan Looney (name on KIA bracelet) was a SEAL.

I'm assuming he has the front of the weapon resting on support, and that's why he isn't using the g-money grip. I personally am pretty against the g-money grip, but the SCAR's limited rail space doesn't leave you much choice. The lack of rail space was one of my chief complaints about the weapons system.

I'm assuming he has the front of the weapon resting on support, and that's why he isn't using the g-money grip. I personally am pretty against the g-money grip, but the SCAR's limited rail space doesn't leave you much choice. The lack of rail space was one of my chief complaints about the weapons system.

I thought he was talking about the rear pistol grip, nearer the trigger. I imagine it would be hard to hold onto the weapon if you fired it like that.

It looks like he's in the ready and moving to move the fire selector from safe to fire, not that he's gonna shoot with his grip in that position.

I was thinking the same thing. The guy in the background isn't holding his that way. I've seen it done like this in other pics before. I wonder if it is a slow fire technique (maybe 400m - 600m?) to limit the side to side movement you might get on a trigger pull? I've been curious about this for a while, as I thought it was a shooting style some people picked up, and wondered if there was a reason for it.

I own a SCAR-L myself. Overall it's got most of what I wanted in a rifle, from the flip down sights, better internal working system (in my opinion anyway), folding and telescoping stock. All I did was add a EOTECH holosight and a combat grip and it's a good weapon. Long term (when I'm not a poor college student) want either to have the barrel replaced with a shorter CQC type or a integrated suppressor type of barrel. Haven't had any jam's or mis-fires since I've owned it, and it's a lot easier to clean the bolt assembly than a AR platform, way less carbon build up also.

The lack of rail space was one of my chief complaints about the weapons system.
What do you need besides a laser and a light?

I thought it was a shooting style some people picked up, and wondered if there was a reason for it.
A lot of guys who have trigger squeeze issues on sniper rifles try this, and it usually makes the problem worse and results in lateral misses. Wrapping the thumb puts your wrist in a more natural/relaxed position and allows for a better straight press.

A lot of guys who have trigger squeeze issues on sniper rifles try this, and it usually makes the problem worse and results in lateral misses. Wrapping the thumb puts your wrist in a more natural/relaxed position and allows for a better straight press.

Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for. I was thinking a thumb-less grip would cause you to miss more to the side you shoot from (ie. miss right in that pic). Thanks for the confirmation.

Back