Some Ranger Pix

What is a DBAL?

Dual beam aiming laser, or AN/PEQ-15.

Isn't it scary that people know more about your equipment than you do. And you used to wear/use it.

Not really, most people can easily understand what an AH-6/MH-6 or UH-60 is but if you ask them what the MD 500 or Sikorsky S-70 is they don't have a clue.

Not really, most people can easily understand what an AH-6/MH-6 or UH-60 is but if you ask them what the MD 500 or Sikorsky S-70 is they don't have a clue.

I was alluding to the fact that people who have never worn the gear for a living in their life know the entire loadout of certain units and over which time periods they changed from the X helmet to the XI helmet. It really does freak me out that people put that much effort into studying it.

LOL, welcome to the world of Call of Duty. I had a Soldier who was like that in my Platoon on Active Duty. Tried to get into an argument while conducting MOUT training. Proceeded to explain "that's not how we do it in airsoft". In addition to, "that's not what we learned in basic training". I got a quick nod from my Platoon Sergeant and the next thing I remember was 5 quick simunition rounds to his chest, followed by a smart ass "did they show you that in airsoft or teach you to shut the fuck up in basic too". Come to find out later, the PSG just wanted me to pull him aside and talk to him but he liked the way I handled it regardless and I could never do anything "intentionally" like that again.

What is a DBAL?
ciu1O.jpg

This one. Just asking coz I see most guys have LA-5s on their rifles.

Back