Some Ranger Pix

Some old RRC recruitment posters - pretty interesting stuff.

35c5477.jpg

I actually saw this posted on the chow hall at COP Rawah back around 2007 or so. It made me go :-o because there were no Army units there at the time! And definitely nobody from the Regiment.

I'm seeing long hairs and bushy beards -- so would the RRC be what's termed as "dark-side Rangers"? Seen this term used in several articles posted here and in SOFREP.

I have never heard the term "dark side rangers" used before...
I coulda sworn there were several articles posted in here and around The Internet using that terminology but right now I can only find one:
But the bigger part of the picture is the question of allocation of resources from Afghanistan to Iraq. All Delta Force and “dark side” Rangers were moved to Iraq, said a special operations officer involved in the Afghanistan operation. Left behind in Afghanistan were SEAL Team Six and some Rangers. But apparently in this case, not enough “dark side” were available. The 82nd, said a second special operations officer, “is a poor substitute … [it is] a blunder to use them on an op with dark side operators.”
Source

More than RRC wears long hair and bushy beards, it just depends on METT-TC
Yup, as a civie, I always thought Army Rangers wore high-and-tights or at least had short hair, and no beards or mustaches.

Thanks, Goon!

I coulda sworn there were several articles posted in here and around The Internet using that terminology but right now I can only find one:

Source

Yup, as a civie, I always thought Army Rangers wore high-and-tights or at least had short hair, and no beards or mustaches.

Thanks, Goon!

I believe the reference comes from Regiment operating as a "dark side" SOF unit overseas as a whole.

I would say whoever was quoted in that article does not know what the hell they are talking about.

High and tights are pretty taboo in todays Regiment, although they were the standard pre-2002. The pendulum has swung in the opposite direction since then though. No moustaches are worn either, it is either a beard or nothing.

14nu6x.jpg

Rangers of 1st Battalion, 75th Rangers Regiment, conduct marksmanship training in Afghanistan prior to a night combat operation against enemy insurgents, March 19, 2013. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Ryan S. Debooy)

nq2zy9.jpg

Rangers of 1st Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, conduct 60 mm mortar live fire training prior to a night combat operation in Afghanistan, March 19, 2013. (U.S. Army photo illustration by Spc. Ryan S. Debooy)

1) No Ranger would be caught dead with a mustache
2) Dark side Rangers? Either 3 things: the author is referring to the 75th Ranger Regiment as a whole as being dark as opposed to his ignorance in assuming there are regular Rangers out there in the military. Two, he is referring to RRC/RRD, but I doubt it. Three, he is referring to Rangers while operating under JSOC Task forces (6-26, 145, 20, etc).
3) This entire link http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21000298/#.UVHOShxnHCt is retarded in its content.

on a side note, the combat cameramen following around the boys. I'm sure he doesn't get any shit from them.
303747_1940527572347_792970836_n.jpg

2udxim9.jpg

For nearly 4200 consecutive days, the Rangers of the 75th Ranger Regiment have been fighting shoulder to shoulder against the enemies of our country. They continue to 'up hold the prestige, honor and high esprit de corps of my Ranger Regiment' during their current combat deployment in Afghanistan, March 25, 2013. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Ryan S. Debooy)

Another episode of "Rangers get all the fun":

alggag.jpg

Rangers from B Company, 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, board an MH-47 from the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment in order to practice Fast Rope Insertion and Extraction (FRIES) during 2nd Battalion’s Task Force Training at Joint Base Lewis-McCord, Wash., March 27, 2013. (U.S. Army photo by Pfc. Connor Mendez)

2r6pky1.jpg

Rangers from B Company, 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, practice Fast Rope Insertion and Extraction (FRIES) out of an MH-47 from the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment during 2nd Battalion’s Task Force Training at Joint Base Lewis-McCord, Wash., March 27, 2013. (U.S. Army photo by Pfc. Connor Mendez)

29xdf6h.jpg

Rangers from B Company, 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, practice Fast Rope Insertion and Extraction (FRIES) out of an MH-47 from the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment during 2nd Battalion’s Task Force Training at Joint Base Lewis-McCord, Wash., March 27, 2013. (U.S. Army photo by Pfc. Connor Mendez)

124twk9.jpg

Rangers from B Company, 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, practice Fast Rope Insertion and Extraction (FRIES) out of an MH-60 from the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment during 2nd Battalion’s Task Force Training at Joint Base Lewis-McCord, Wash., March 27, 2013. (U.S. Army photo by Pfc. Connor Mendez)

1zox6io.jpg

Rangers from B Company, 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, practice Fast Rope Insertion and Extraction (FRIES) out of an MH-60 from the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment during 2nd Battalion’s Task Force Training at Joint Base Lewis-McCord, Wash., March 27, 2013. (U.S. Army photo by Pfc. Connor Mendez)

2hqgyh4.jpg

^^Saw this on their FB page:

Haditha Dam: April 1, 2003

Ten years ago today, April 1, 2003, Rangers from B and C Companies, 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, seized the Haditha Dam, one of the highest priority targets for CENTCOM, as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom. The dam was one of the most heavily defended areas with Iraqi infantry, armor and artillery.

The Rangers would hold the dam until they were relieved April 6, despite multiple Iraqi counter-attacks and indirect fire. The mission ensured the Euphrates River Valley could not be flooded by Saddam Hussein and protected the country’s largest source of power generation for post-war rebuilding.
Source

34zwww5.jpg

Why is this medic smiling?

Because he is a Ranger in the 75th Ranger Regiment and this is his profession. As a 68W, he is Ranger Qualified, Airborne Qualified, and Pathfinder Qualified. Along with his basic Army medical training, he has been to the Combat Trauma Management Course and the Special Operations Combat Medical Course (Additional Skill Identifier W1). This U.S. Army Ranger is a U.S. Special Operations Command certified Advanced Tactical Paramedic.

He prepares for his fifth combat deployment with 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, during live fire training at Yakima Training Center, Wash., March 27, 2013. (U.S. Army photo by Sgt. Mikki Sprenkle)

Rangers Lead The Way!

Back