Sunglasses

AWP

SOF Support
I'm looking for some sunglasses for the Box. I like the Revision Sawflys but I can't find out anything about their optical inserts (I'm blind as a bat and need them). Impact resistance is a huge plus.

Does anyone have experience with the Revision optical inserts? Any recommendations for sunglasses that can carry a prescription? I'm also looking at the Oakley Half-Jackets, but don't know anything about them.

So, any thoughts on sunglasses for us semi-blind people in a war zone?

Any recommendations for sunglasses that can carry a prescription? I'm also looking at the Oakley Half-Jackets, but don't know anything about them.

Oakley and ESS make ballistic glasses that can carry a prescription. I only have experience with the M-Frame style, and am not sure if the Half Jackets can do the same. The half jackets do look more badass though.

** Hijack **
You know Free..now I have that ZZ Top song stuck in my head...
"now go get yourself some cheap sunglasses..awww yeah!":doh:

I'm looking for some sunglasses for the Box. I like the Revision Sawflys but I can't find out anything about their optical inserts (I'm blind as a bat and need them). Impact resistance is a huge plus.

Does anyone have experience with the Revision optical inserts? Any recommendations for sunglasses that can carry a prescription? I'm also looking at the Oakley Half-Jackets, but don't know anything about them.

I'll let you know about revisions inserts in a few weeks as I just ordered a pair. I usually wear Oakley fives (Rx).

M frames.... Can't go wrong. Half jackets (I find) don't really do too well with the sand. As they don't cover as much as the M-Frame.

Just finished 7 months using the ESS ICE glasses, wouldn't recomend Oakleys unless they are free. You will get scrathes on the lenses from the sand/rotar wash etc.

Oakley and ESS make ballistic glasses that can carry a prescription. I only have experience with the M-Frame style, and am not sure if the Half Jackets can do the same. The half jackets do look more badass though.

And Oakley and ESS now have NSNs for some models, so you can get them through the supply system, if your unit will pay.

And, yes, the half jackets are great. I have them in both gray and amber lenses.

I've been using half jackets for a couple of years. Mostly because they are light weight and the lenses are compact and easy to replace. The only thing I don't like about them is the thickness of the arm. It breaks the seal and can give me a headache after extended wear when worn under my ear pro.

I have a preference for Oakley's but I have quite the assortment of ballistic glasses. From the weird ass issue stuff we've gotten over the years (great back up) to my Oakley Minutes, Half Jackets and I had some M-Frames but they walked on an Op... :D It's alright, I know who took 'em and I "borrowed" his knife until he returns them. I wear the Minutes most of the time and my Half Jackets are in a barrack box some where.

I don't have the lens inserts but I know guys that have them and they like them.

I've been using half jackets for a couple of years. Mostly because they are light weight and the lenses are compact and easy to replace. The only thing I don't like about them is the thickness of the arm. It breaks the seal and can give me a headache after extended wear when worn under my ear pro.

x2....

Check out Revision eyewear. The arms on some of the styles are flat, which makes them more "peltor friendly".

ESS CDI are good, don't offer the M frame style protection though. Easy to changes lenses

Also use Oakley M frame 2.0. Awesome eyepro. Don't want anything else.

I bought some gloves from them and I thought that I would just try them out and if i liked them buy the other color ones.. I received an email like 2 days later that said they shipped out and will get to me in 6 days.. after three weeks I call and they said that the email is just an automatic thing because they will now be sent in 6 days.. so it took them over a month to get me the gloves and now the price has gone up...

if I wasn't paying so little for the stuff I'd be upset

1 Cav Div just gave me 2 sets of revision sawfly's. I'm a fan. I got the ones for big-headed mofos like me. they make a "normal" size too. the oakleys suck, in the same manner SOWT pointed out. mine lasted 1 month at Udairi AAF before I chucked them for the wiley X's. I think I'm gonna try the M-frames this time, and keep my sawfly's "in case shit" 'cuz they seem to work well thus far.

Back