Super Sweet Movie Discussion Thread

- It's a Huey! No, a Blackhawk! No, a Huey!
- Russell Crowe cosplays as an Air Guard Captain.
- Predator flies low enough to skim treetops, aka "please shoot me down".
- Drone operators do not have PTSD

I can't wait to dl this from The Pirate Bay.

Saw the movie, Napoleon. Ridley Scott will always gets the benefit of the doubt with me, but this was Joaquin Phoenix in a funny hat, a script that dumbed-down history, gave us Josephine hiking up her dress to show Nappy the magic puss...and skimmed through the highlights of his rise and reign like a series of elaborate CGI flashcards. Having said that, visually some pretty cool battle scenes.

Now, truth be told, I like boobs just as much as any man and Vanessa Kirby looked pretty good in a low-cut--really low cut--Empire dress; but let's face it: the movie was shot in its entirety in 62 days. That's two months on an epic about a dude who did more crazy world-changing shit in his 51 years than...well, just about anybody.

I can say this honestly. Napoleon Dynamite was far more entertaining.

I've read that Steven Spielberg and HBO were working on a Napoleon mini series, based on a script by Kubrick. That sounds promising.
Scott's movie was entertaining in some ways ( prob not the intended ) but terrible enough in terms of historical accuracy, that it did bother me. The wardrobe was pretty authentic though.
It was almost a and prob should have been a Josephine movie all along. There's just too many historical events to stuff into one flick ... or maybe just leave unimportant things out, when you don't do much character development anyway. Idk.

2 spyglass scoped rifles out of 5 for me.

"WhEre yOu tHeRe !?" - Ridley Scott

Last edited:
Asphalt City looks like a mash up between Bringing Out The Dead and Training Day.
Yeah, they both look like hard passes from actors and directors long past their prime. Maybe one of you will see them and convince me otherwise but otherwise miss me with those.

Now, The Ministry of Ungentlemenly Warfare looks like it could be pretty entertaining to me.

Just saw it last night (trailer). Gonna be honest, looks good. I'll probably take Maria and see if my partner/her husband will go

Thanks for posting, I've not gotten to my laptop yet to post the trailer. I'm gonna see it.

Looks pretty good, and as an actor, I like Sean Penn. But he can be a douche in real time.

The Catcher Was A Spy, based on a true story of pro baseball catcher Morrie (Moe) Berg. Berg was extremely intelligent, well educated (Princeton, Columbia), spoke several languages. He also was a suspected bisexual, which has a big part of the movie. He was recruited by the OSS, one of his missions was the potential assassination of Germany's chief scientist who was working on their nuclear bomb.

A decent film, not great, not bad.

Moe Berg - Wikipedia

Back