The Afghanistan and Pakistan Thread

I'll take a beating here and that's fine. This is where you drop some hate.

I don't want Americans to die, but if they do I don't care.
1) It's the Sudan. We aren't talking about the Hilton in Frankfurt, we're talking about the fucking Sudan. Why are you there?
2) What's your E&E plan? Don't have a plan? Violent buttsex is your plan. I don't have sympathy.
3) Remember Afghanistan? And you think our country is going full Kitchener in Khartoum? Morons.
4) You trust the US? See the above.
5) No one is coming, it's up to you.

So, please, no tears on TV from you or your families. Adult up. You made your choice.

La Lloyd said we had no plans to evacuate. So how many dead white Americans will it take before that changes?

Comparing the Sudan and Afghanistan is fucking embarrassing. Ima go back to bed, maybe my migraine (and mood) will improve.

But we evacuated the Sudan better than Afghanistan? Seriously? Really?
No, just as fucked up.
Obama did a mass evac of civilians from Lebanon, oh wait, those were non-American terrorists.

That time the Taliban used US equipment to attack Iran...

Iran exchanges heavy gunfire with Taliban on Afghan border, escalating tensions over water rights

The Taliban and Iran exchanged heavy gunfire Saturday on the Islamic Republic’s border with Afghanistan, killing and wounding troops while sharply escalating rising tensions between the two countries amid a dispute over water rights.

Iran’s state-run IRNA news agency quoted the country’s deputy police chief, Gen. Qassem Rezaei, accusing the Taliban of opening fire first Saturday morning on the border of Iran’s Sistan and Baluchestan province and the Afghan province of Nimroz. IRNA said Iran inflicted “heavy casualties and serious damage.”

When you arm, fund, and train your terrorist neighbors to kill Americans, but they use that to attack the nation you're helping to obtain nukes.

dd0.png

I went back and reviewed the DoD/WH's April "it isn't our fault because of the Orange Man" paper and then admittedly both skimmed the State AAR and CNN's coverage. My view, worth every penny you paid for...

1) I cannot stress enough how disgusted I am by the April DoD/WH report. Even if there's fact you wouldn't know it because of all of the lies, misinformation, omissions, and pure fuckery throughout the document. The report is infuriating. We would need an entire thread on debunking this trash, it is that horrible.
2) State breaking with the WH on several keep points is rather interesting, because at times the two reports are 180 degrees off on some events. Like, WTF? State selling out the WH? Kind of makes me warm inside.
3) I love that everyone missed the estimates for how long the country could hold out without the US. Several of us on this board proved (despite being wrong ourselves), that our estimates just following the news and based on our time there, that the USG was overly optimistic and both reports confirmed that. Or they are lying to cover their failures "OMG, how could we know"... Both reports thought the Afghans could hold the line for months and months? C'mon, man!
4) Maybe I'm wrong, but I REFUSE to believe the narratives about NEO planning. I do think State's AAR was more forthcoming and probably closer to the truth. State also contradicts the WH narrative here and honest people would say they call out the WH on its bullshit. But both would have us believe that after 20 years of war no one had a NEO plan until after Biden took office? And the intel assessments apparently drove State to drag its feet on planning? What?
5) THE TIMING OF THE AAR'S RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Easter weekend. 4th of July weekend? I don't need to spell this one out, right?

ShadowSpear friends with Afghanistan experience:

I received the below request from a fellow Special Operations veteran. I don't know him personally, but some of you probably do.

To sum up: he is doing research for his PhD and is requesting survey responses related to the US pullout from Afghanistan. I took the survey myself and it took 15 minutes or so, and the only reason it took me that long was because I got all up in my feels about it.

He provided me with his Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval letter, which let me know this is legit research. If you're interested in participating, please see the below message and link. And if you want to make any comments about your feelings about the withdrawal from Afghanistan, please feel free do do so (respectfully and thoughtfully) in the comments:
_____

“Service Members (active/retired) and Civilian Responses Needed!

My name is Wylie Brace. I served in the military from 2008 to 2015 with 3rd Ranger Battalion 75th Ranger Regiment. I deployed to the Middle East six times across Iraq and Afghanistan from rifleman to squad leader. I now conduct research with veterans over a variety of topics with Miami University in Oxford, OH. I am not affiliated with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Currently, I am interested in your thoughts and feelings on the Afghanistan pullout. Attached is a link to my survey. It is completely anonymous, and your answers cannot be linked to your identity.

If you choose to take the survey, I thank you very much for your time and share the link with other veterans you know if possible. RLTW! (Service Members and Civilians can take the survey, which is best done on a computer vs. a cell phone or tablet).”

Survey link:
https://miamioh.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_a2CbzIjNrsJvo10

Thank you again for your time,

Wylie"

Back