The Ammo Thread

LimaPanther

Recon Marine
Verified SOF
I can't find any ammo in stock around locally...online looks empty as well. If anyone knows or a source for 5.56 or .40SW, let me know...I have a friend that's interested.
Have you gone on line and checked Cheaper Than Dirt? They normally carry plenty of ammo but I have noticed their prices have gone way up.

Have you gone on line and checked Cheaper Than Dirt? They normally carry plenty of ammo but I have noticed their prices have gone way up.
Thanks. I hadn't checked them out prior to your post but just did and, yeah, they're prices are pretty silly right now.

Cheaper Than Dirt is hated by the community for their price gouging.

Thanks. I hadn't checked them out prior to your post but just did and, yeah, they're prices are pretty silly right now.

www.ammoseek.com --> filter out your caliber, then compare the stock with per round price.

Fuck those cunts. $100 p-mags when guys were scrambling to get just “one”.

I learned my lesson though, I’ll never have to panic buy again.
Yeah, I wasn't thinking when I went to the range last night.

My club does have ammo, just not in bulk quantity and I have in my mind that's the only way to buy, because, well it is. :)

Fortunately, I did find another 80 rounds of .40 in my closet, so that made me feel a little better. I also have a little 5.56 left but I can't go to the range until I find more. Some of the ammo prices I'm seeing are just ridiculous....maybe that's the new norm?

Fake news ...or it took them less than 2 sec. to do because they probably don't have anything in stock.

I can't find any ammo in stock around locally...online looks empty as well. If anyone knows or a source for 5.56 or .40SW, let me know...I have a friend that's interested.

Cheaper Than Dirt can FOAD.

SG Ammo - prices are dramatically above normal, but Sam was one of the last to jack up prices and has done a pretty good job of communicating what he has, what's coming, etc. He's only got JHP for 40, but has quite a bit of 5.56 at approximately 85-150 cpr.
223 Remington / 5.56mm NATO Ammo | SGAmmo.com
40 Cal Pistol Ammunition | SGAmmo.com

TargetSports is also pretty good, good at getting alerts out and (when they have it) case volume ships for free (shipping - particularly a somewhat-heavy case of ammo - can occasionally significantly elevate the cost)
No 556, but 40 S&W FMJ at 60 cpr.
Federal American Eagle 40 S&W Ammo 155 Grain FMJ

LuckyGunner is worth keeping an eye on, but I've never found a deal on there that wasn't beaten by either of the first two. I'm not above paying a higher price if Chris has the ammo I need in stock.
LuckyGunner.com

Would love a good lead on primers. I have someone interested in my Dillon 1050 Super. If I sell it I'll place an order for a Mark 7.

Cheaper Than Dirt can FOAD.

SG Ammo - prices are dramatically above normal, but Sam was one of the last to jack up prices and has done a pretty good job of communicating what he has, what's coming, etc. He's only got JHP for 40, but has quite a bit of 5.56 at approximately 85-150 cpr.
223 Remington / 5.56mm NATO Ammo | SGAmmo.com
40 Cal Pistol Ammunition | SGAmmo.com

TargetSports is also pretty good, good at getting alerts out and (when they have it) case volume ships for free (shipping - particularly a somewhat-heavy case of ammo - can occasionally significantly elevate the cost)
No 556, but 40 S&W FMJ at 60 cpr.
Federal American Eagle 40 S&W Ammo 155 Grain FMJ

LuckyGunner is worth keeping an eye on, but I've never found a deal on there that wasn't beaten by either of the first two. I'm not above paying a higher price if Chris has the ammo I need in stock.
LuckyGunner.com
Thanks. At least they have something in stock.

Up until yesterday, I had a pretty good supply so I hadn't shopped in a while. I heard prices were jumping and inventories running out but didn't give it a ton of consideration. Now I wish I had. Sticker shock is an understatement. Hopefully, some of the supplies are replenished soon after the election.

Fortunately, I did find another 80 rounds of .40 in my closet,
I might have some .40 in my safe, maybe some “defense” rounds too. I’ll let you know and work out a way to get it to you.
(I sold my .40 pistols, just couldn’t hit anything with them)

I need to get in my storage locker that the movers packed like a sardine can, and everyone I know has been busy (not sure the fuck how) for the month. Movers left my ammo in there when I told them not to do such. Guess I'll find a moving company this week to help.

I think the best option for people is to try and get a group to order in bulk from one of their brands distributor. That’s what I do outside of the ambassador program I’m in and I know that my ammo costs are down materially if I just calculate the ammo paid for. If you can get to at least pallet pricing(96 flats) that’s a big step, if you give lead time so they can calculate out a container you will get closer to cost.

The only guys I know who have lower costs are those who self loaded for years now and have inventory on inventory of casing/primers/powder/etc and are somewhat immune to pricing differences.

FWIW trying to get common rounds right now I’m being told there isn’t really a good timetable on delivery. I know a few guys that have 4-5 figure round count orders that haven’t been delivered since July.

I might have some .40 in my safe, maybe some “defense” rounds too. I’ll let you know and work out a way to get it to you.
(I sold my .40 pistols, just couldn’t hit anything with them)
That's great if you're looking to get rid of it, I'm sure we can work something out to make it worth your trouble. 😁

For those of you around NC- Defender Ammunition is out of Raeford. I always pick up in person, but I believe they ship as well. $20 / box for reman 115gr 9mm and $24/ box for new 115gr 9mm. Subscribe to the text updates!

Back