The Ammo Thread

Those looking for ammo, I've heard from some retailers that they are receiving inventory but are holding for Black Friday. So, maybe keep an eye out for that...first come, first serve. :/

Those looking for ammo, I've heard from some retailers that they are receiving inventory but are holding for Black Friday. So, maybe keep an eye out for that...first come, first serve. :/
That would be good news. For me, the primer situation is just now stabilizing, but it’s still difficult when I want to buy the occasional factory box. Let’s hope that retailers open up their hearts so that we can open up our wallets!

That would be good news. For me, the primer situation is just now stabilizing, but it’s still difficult when I want to buy the occasional factory box. Let’s hope that retailers open up their hearts so that we can open up our wallets!
Eh? I just looked last week and 1000ct boxes have a starting bid at $200. Basically, I have $3000 in primers on me.

Eh? I just looked last week and 1000ct boxes have a starting bid at $200. Basically, I have $3000 in primers on me.
I watch r/gundeals for primers as they come up. I’ve been able to get about 12k in the past few weeks for just a little above retail price.

Not a lot of good options for ammo here in NY. I don't even think WalMart sells it here anymore.

Not a lot of good options for ammo here in NY. I don't even think WalMart sells it here anymore.
Seems about right. A Google search could not even get Google to “auto complete”

After pressing “return”, you get this warning:

F18B0451-2F87-45BC-940D-7FB937E89FC1.jpeg

Meanwhile in MN you still get pages of gun stores to choose from....

96A5244A-F805-482F-A599-F841819FA69E.jpeg

Seems about right. A Google search could not even get Google to “auto complete”

After pressing “return”, you get this warning:

View attachment 37059

Meanwhile in MN you still get pages of gun stores to choose from....

View attachment 37060
The last time I lived here, I went to the WalMart to buy ammo. It was ensconced in the back near the auto center, you kind of had to know where it was to even know it was there. Once I finally found someone to help me, they insisted on my showing a concealed carry permit before they would sell me any ammo (who concealed-carries a 12 gauge?) Well, I don't have a NY pistol permit. I showed them my expired CT one and that was apparently good enough. I don't think that stores sells ammo at all anymore.

Was able to pick up a 200 round box of 5.56, 55-gr at a local retailer tonight for $90. It's Winchester White Box, not my favorite but better than virtual rounds and I wasn't gouged on the price. Limit one box per customer.

It wasn't on the shelf, they had it in the backroom. I called to check availability before stopping by. May try to grab another box tomorrow.

Still no handgun ammo to be found.

It wasn't on the shelf, they had it in the backroom. I called to check availability before stopping by. May try to grab another box tomorrow.
Considering thats cheaper than the going rate of 9mm, I'd have friends grab one for me too.

Cheaper Than Dirt can FOAD.

SG Ammo - prices are dramatically above normal, but Sam was one of the last to jack up prices and has done a pretty good job of communicating what he has, what's coming, etc. He's only got JHP for 40, but has quite a bit of 5.56 at approximately 85-150 cpr.
223 Remington / 5.56mm NATO Ammo | SGAmmo.com
40 Cal Pistol Ammunition | SGAmmo.com

TargetSports is also pretty good, good at getting alerts out and (when they have it) case volume ships for free (shipping - particularly a somewhat-heavy case of ammo - can occasionally significantly elevate the cost)
No 556, but 40 S&W FMJ at 60 cpr.
Federal American Eagle 40 S&W Ammo 155 Grain FMJ

LuckyGunner is worth keeping an eye on, but I've never found a deal on there that wasn't beaten by either of the first two. I'm not above paying a higher price if Chris has the ammo I need in stock.
LuckyGunner.com
I feel like lucky gunner in the past 5 years has gone down the shitter with stock and price.

Back