The Anniversary Of Operation Just Cause

The commadore wanted glory for his navy :2c:

The Army didnt plan this, it was a navy op.

Again, I'm just going on what I heard, as Rock had just gotten to his Team when this was Operation was going on. Afterward, there was a lot of discussion.

Thanks to all those here who served in that operation, and RIP to those who tragically did not return...

Again, I'm just going on what I heard, as Rock had just gotten to his Team when this was Operation was going on. Afterward, there was a lot of discussion.

Im getting all that from the article, that is the entire extent of my knowledge, you are far more informed than I.

Back then, that was our main mission. What the SEAL's main mission was at that time, I have no clue.

At certain times during the 80's, Col's and Generals in the 82'd were notorious for trying to do, and go where they werent' needed. They wanted their shit.

And sadly I was sitting at UCONN planning a direct action against all the protesters that popped up over night!!!

I walked down towards the library one morning and was like, "what are all these goofballs doing here?", and someone said, "they are protesting the invasion of Panama and Bush's Imperialistic desires...."

I started laughing. I was pissed that my parents talked me into going to college, when I had wanted to join in 87' right after high school. I dropped out shortly thereafter and joined with a Ranger Contract.

Thank you George Bush, thank you Ranger Vets, Rest in Peace for all those that gave the ultimate. You're never forgotten.

All the fun started today for us, bookoo ammo draw, steak and lobster, equipment prep, last minute letters, freezing rain....

I'd do it again in a heart beat!

Charlie and Luna Thank You
Nothing to thank me for.

Also, on this day, is when one of our 17 yr old newbs decided that war was against his religion.:mad: I went to the XO and asked permission to take him behind the barracks and shoot him. It was around the same time I was told that I couldn't go.:mad: He fucking deserved it. LT Whitney told me "Luna, the Army's not that way anymore.":uhh:

Better you found out then, we had one guy in my squad decide when we were in a firefight not to shoot...Weapons squad had one to....

You trying to attach music? go to megauploads.com and theyll give you a link you can cut/paste here

17 years, seems like yesterday.

I stayed at the Presido during exodus, working 24 hour CQ shifts with 5 days off in between (sweet duty, I might add).

The only reason I was still there was because the CG at Fort Ord had to personally sign off on my medical board, and he was busy doing...other stuff.

Watched C-17s fly in past my barracks window around the clock to pick up 7th ID, who were originally supposed to deploy from March AFB, but got socked in by fog. So they all came back and mustered at Monterey airport, went from there.

17 years, seems like yesterday.

Watched C-17s fly in past my barracks window around the clock to pick up 7th ID, who were originally supposed to deploy from March AFB, but got socked in by fog. So they all came back and mustered at Monterey airport, went from there.

C-17's were flying back then ???:eek:

I thought all we had in transport inventory was 130's, 141's, and C-5's. But I could be wrong.

Back