The China Thread (Threat)

Bro, I’m just not buying it. There ain’t much of a box to think outside of when it comes to China. It’s a population that’s been indoctrinated since 1949. Every once in a while some students or intellectuals get a burr under their saddle to stage a protest. They just get squashed like a bug by the Big Machine.
There's plenty of outside the box thinking when it comes to China. We just can't view things from a western perspective.

Protesting is meaningless in surveillance states like China, especially when you don't have the means to fight back. If you're gonna break the norm in China it's kill or be killed. In Shanghai's case it's more akin to how you wanna go out.

China is weak right now and is only going to get weaker. How the CCP lashes out as the walls close around it is another story entirely.

China needs us more then we need them.
Remember their retaliatory tariff's? Farmers whining, etc.
I told my wife, 90 days, 180 max and China capitulates. Which is pretty much what happened. They are a net importer of food, invading Taiwan should result in the rest of the world shutting food exports off.
That has results. The DoD screaming China is the MICC at work.

They have large amounts of the military deployed to keep even larger portions of the population locked up. I think that can only be sustained for so long.

That's only a short term thing based on a policy (covid elimination). They can easily be pulled out of that if the need arose with the various police forces and militia taking over IMO.

Great news! Now we can save trillions and shitcan our whole Indo-Pacific strategy…which, BTW, is based on the anxiety of our decline and China’s rise as a predominant power.
Not really. Before their Kung Flu fuckup China was poised to make some pretty amazing strides, all on the back of the globalized world order as we knew it. China as we know it is a dying animal who is cornered and running out of options. Their demographics are gonna cause them to collapse, industry is leaving them, their contacts in the US and world politics are being exposed, and their equivalent of Wall Street crashed a couple weeks ago.

They're fucked. The strategy now is keeping them contained in case they decide to immolate Asia in it's entirety instead of going gently into the good night.

They have large amounts of the military deployed to keep even larger portions of the population locked up. I think that can only be sustained for so long.
Exactly.

China needs us more then we need them.
Remember their retaliatory tariff's? Farmers whining, etc.
I told my wife, 90 days, 180 max and China capitulates. Which is pretty much what happened. They are a net importer of food, invading Taiwan should result in the rest of the world shutting food exports off.
That has results. The DoD screaming China is the MICC at work.

I meant to reply to this the other day but forgot. I think the food importations are an important consideration. China- we can say PRC if you'd like- is trying to secure food supplies/supply routes and the Belt and Road is the main driver of that. People talk about that being a military led initiative (and don't get me wrong, it's a part of it) but I believe the main driver of it is food security. Access to fishing stocks is one of the main reasons for the South China Seas buffonery too, as well as deals with our own Pacific neighbours.

I’m trying to wrap my head around China being a weakened failed state, just a “dying animal”, and its potential threat to us only a false flag conjured up by the military-industrial complex.

I mean, how long has China been around?
China dying will play out over the next few years. As a potential threat, the CCP still has active assets in academia, govt, and they have an active collection/influence apparatus via tic toc and other platforms (think 5th gen warfare and our current political situation). Not to mention all their aramament will spawn some very ugly regional conflicts.

China is going to fracture and even if they absorb the Russians to meet their food and energy needs, they're only delaying the inevitable.

It’s happened before; the Great Leap Forward, the Cultural Revolution, Tiananmen Square, the Korean War where no-one expected a peasant army to do what it did, plus a civil war which went under reported with apparently 250,000 killed & this is only in the 20th century. I wouldn’t write them off just yet. In all of the above there’s been one constant, the CCP. It has survived somehow & if you’re correct, whatever malady befalls the PRC it will somehow get off the canvas & move forward.

Back