The good old 22 cal rifle and lunch.

Today... M4 22 cal... just for fun... in the garden... (I love 22 cal...)

res552069_CIMG19781.jpg

res552070_CIMG1973.JPG

there were Springer Carbines too.... very funny...

res552071_CIMG1961.JPG

Mike, 1st picture, guy farthest away w/the arm band tattoo...where are his fucking pants?? :confused:

Aside from my eyes burning from seeing pictures of a naked man shooting .22's off the back porch of a house infront of other scantilly dressed men:eek:....this is a great post. We (I) typically think in terms of what Battle Rifle I want if society goes to shit. I might have to rethink my position, plus who doesn't love a .22?

Goat is meh, a bit of koala, or wombat is a decent feed, platypus stew goes okay, bilbies are tasty, but you need 6 to get a decent feed. Emu neck is my favourite.
Funny cunt. :-). Emu neck...gak! Be like chewing cock. Wombat isn't bad with some garlic in a stew. Easy to catch, just run 'em over in the ute.

I'll have to take your word on that QC, I've lead a sheltered life...
How did your roo go Pardus? I generally like to leave the coat of arms alone, the wedge tail eagles are generally too lazy to hunt for their own tucker, so a bit of road kill keeps them healthy.

Aside from my eyes burning from seeing pictures of a naked man shooting .22's off the back porch of a house infront of other scantilly dressed men:eek:....this is a great post. We (I) typically think in terms of what Battle Rifle I want if society goes to shit. I might have to rethink my position, plus who doesn't love a .22?
Bwahahaha.... thx Arrow.... he's not porch, but walrus.... very wild walrus.. to stop it we have to shoot him with a .45 ACP, trust me... (anyway he was not naked... but in swimmingwear... ready to plunge in the swimmingpool...)

Here's my .22 story.

Several years back, I decided to acquire a .30 cal M-1 carbine for my collection. I visited a local gun store to scan their inventory to see what was available. While checking their display rack, I noticed an M-1 sitting on a gun rack on top of a gun safe in a far back corner of the shop. I walked over, took it down and checked it out. It was an Iver Johnson .22 cal M-1 carbine replica. It had a price tag on the stock but I couldn't understand why it was not displayed with the other weapons and was so isolated in the back. I took it to the owner and asked if it was for sale. He told me it was but that it did not have a magazine. Deciding it was worth buying, even without a magazine, I completed the purchase and took it home. Proud of my acquisition, I presented it to my lovely young bride who was less than impressed with my shopping ability. She immediately deemed my new toy to be a .22 cal paperweight since it didn't have a magazine. I explained I'd just use it as a single shot until I could locate a magazine.

NOW THE REST OF THE STORY

After searching for nearly 5 years, I was finally able to locate a magazine for the rifle. I am now the proud owner of a $90 magazine to complete my $59.95 rifle. Wife still doesn't think much of my shopping ability.

...and the tail wagged the dog, just for a little bit....

Iver Johnson made a 12 ga, single shot shotgun. It was the lightest 12 ga I've ever fired................also the one that hurt the most.

RF 1

I'll have to take your word on that QC, I've lead a sheltered life...
How did your roo go Pardus? I generally like to leave the coat of arms alone, the wedge tail eagles are generally too lazy to hunt for their own tucker, so a bit of road kill keeps them healthy.

It was bloody good mate. You bastards eat like hens and we were starving us so any extra grub was most appreciated.

I imagine the average Maori bloke would reckon our 24hr rations would look like an individual meal... Even as a 6'4" big fella I'd cut about a 3rd of the crap out of ours when prepping for a patrol. I'd always be keen for a feed when I got back though.

Yeah I tended to eat less in the field and always stripped my rat pack. It was the mess in Oz that I was surprised at. The cooks were very accommodating (or scared), unlike Kiwi cooks they didn't stop us taking two meats etc... so we helped ourselves, by the time the juniors ranks went through there was no food left for the SNCOs or Os :D

That is unusual, we get indoctrinated with the "one scoop recruit" at recruit school and things don't get any better as you go along. Bait layers bending over backwards to appease visiting Kiwis. It's enough to make you sick. :sick:

Back