The self identity thread.

Thought it was a great vid.The host-brilliant and made me laugh.The weatherman who didnt get it was funny as well as the host talking about P Diddy.
Pushing that aside-did I hear 41 percent suicide rate?

Political Correctness has taken over, on just about any topic you can name. Unlike the students in the OP Vid, it's not , like,....a.... you know....OK with me. Who in the hell is writing the rules for PC? I can't help but come away from the OP vid without thinking of:
which makes more sense than the undergrads answers in the OP.

I thought the video I posted outlined the complete and total disconnection from reality until it got so outlandishly bazaar, the student's were literally forced to back pedal from this "oh I'll just blindly accept anything you say without challenge" mentality. The "presenter" in the video I posted also had an excellent point, of if this is our next generation of leaders and they cannot even navigate through questions as simple as "no you are not a 6'5" Chinese woman, you're a 5'9 white guy", what will happen when they are forced to read, cipher, analyze and provide opinion on professional aspects of life?

I think this has gotten way out of hand, there was a line somewhere that got run over in the past few years that has just completely tossed reality out the window. You know, reality, here on earth, the real world, where any dummy of any third world country can say "nope you're not a Chinese 6'5" woman, you're a short American white dude". I mean it's pretty damn silly.

That said the second video was funny, and I enjoy sarcasm and the silliness. Made a few great points, I don't have time to fact check a lot of what was quoted as stats, so I will say the it was interesting and eye opening, for now.

The leader of the black lives matter movement is a white man posing as a black man. That's reality, not a lack of acceptance of his identity, what I don't accept is the lie that he is black. The same can be said about the countless other people who are caught in their lies. If I said I self identify as WW2 Congressional Medal of Honor awardee Audie Murphy, nobody would accept that, one its not true, two its against the law, and three its fucking wrong. So why accept only some lies and not all?

I think people need to be held accountable to reality, if you're 16 years or older play and pretend time is over.

Last edited:
The leader of the black lives matter movement is a white man posing as a black man. That's reality, not a lack of acceptance of his identity, what I don't accept is the lie that he is black. The same can be said about the countless other people who are caught in their lies. If I said I self identify as WW2 Congressional Medal of Honor awardee Audie Murphy, nobody would accept that, one its not true, two its against the law, and three its fucking wrong. So why accept only some lies and not all?

I think people need to be held accountable to reality, if you're 16 years or older play and pretend time is over.

Yup, yup, and yup. Not unlike Rachel Dolezal, the white woman with white parents who became some muckity-muck with the NAACP and identified as "African-American." Please.

This whole notion of "the truth is what I say it is" is utterly ridiculous, and always leads to the inevitable slippery slope.

I thought the video I posted outlined the complete and total disconnection from reality until it got so outlandishly bazaar, the student's were literally forced to back pedal from this "oh I'll just blindly accept anything you say without challenge" mentality. The "presenter" in the video I posted also had an excellent point, of if this is our next generation of leaders and they cannot even navigate through questions as simple as "no you are not a 6'5" Chinese woman, you're a 5'9 white guy", what will happen when they are forced to read, cipher, analyze and provide opinion on professional aspects of life?

I think this has gotten way out of hand, there was a line somewhere that got run over in the past few years that has just completely tossed reality out the window. You know, reality, here on earth, the real world, where any dummy of any third world country can say "nope you're not a Chinese 6'5" woman, you're a short American white dude". I mean it's pretty damn silly.

That said the second video was funny, and I enjoy sarcasm and the silliness. Made a few great points, I don't have time to fact check a lot of what was quoted as stats, so I will say the it was interesting and eye opening, for now.

I do have to agree with you, to a point. I wish just one, just one; would have said, "You are full of shit. Get away from me."

Our friend Joseph in the OP is using a straw man argument, with shades of argument from incredulity.

Gender Dysphoria is an actual, diagnosable medical condition.

Believing you're another race or height that you aren't is delusion.

Believing that Joseph didn't purposely choose to question college students (people who will likely be unpracticed at finding logical holes in arguments) is self delusion.

Something that I left out and think is important on the acceptance aspects of self identity. That is cultural identity, if you're white and grew up or spent significant time in a Hispanic culture, speak and dress the part, I absolutely accept that and any other combination of the same example. Just don't tell me your Hispanic, you're still white, well cultured in Hispanic culture but that doesn't allow you take someone else's ethnic identity.

Take Shuan King the BLM leader who posed as a half white half black man when he was white. It's obviously apparent to me he has dated black women and spent sometime within the black community and culture. If he would have been honest with people, people like me wouldn't have dismissed him completely as a fraud. M&M is white, and arguably the best rap artist, but he never claimed to be black, he was honest and that allows me to respect him for his talent and success, even though I may not be into his specific music.

Another example is here in Texas, just about everyone wears or at least own a pair of cowboy boots. Many wear cowboy hats, belt buckles and dress cowboys. That fine and totally acceptable here, but when that person starts to tell lies and claim to be an actual cowboy, the actual cowboy culture has a problem with it. There are reasons for this, a code of life, how to treat a woman, showing elders respect, respecting another man and his property, mannerisms, etc. When someone claims to be a cowboy and misrepresents the cowboy culture, it takes away from the culture and cheapens the meaning and way of life. Now this is different than trying to fake the funk with ones ethnicity as anyone of any ethnicity can be a cowboy, I know one half Korean/hispanic dude that's more of a cowboy than I ever was. But he also grew up on a ranch, rodeos, and lives by the code. He didn't just hit the local Cavanders and buy a few outfits and run around telling people he is a cowboy, he earned his place and he is absolutely accepted and anyone who doesn't or runs their mouth gets straighten out quickly.

I feel the same way about military service and posers, when people have to work hard and earn their way into a community or culture, its cheapened by people who lie about being apart of it and misrepresent it, and its just morally wrong.

$.02

Our friend Joseph in the OP is using a straw man argument, with shades of argument from incredulity.

Gender Dysphoria is an actual, diagnosable medical condition.

Believing you're another race or height that you aren't is delusion.

Believing that Joseph didn't purposely choose to question college students (people who will likely be unpracticed at finding logical holes in arguments) is self delusion.

For the sake of debate, if Gender Dysphoria is a mental health issue, wouldn't Race Dysphoria (if you will) be the same? What about Superhero Dysphoria, should that be treated with a superman costume a cape and a "sure you can fly, jump off this roof".

And yes I know that's silly as hell, as much as I think someone with a mental health problems of Gender Dysphoria, being able to medical remove their sex organs and lie to people.

Both of those examples would be delusions.

That is, unless any psych on this board knows a dark corner of the DSM-V which classifies Race and Superhero Dysphoria, which I would be surprised by.

superhero2.jpg

So a dude who thinks he is a chick is not delusional, but a white guy who thinks he is black would be? Gonna run that by my wife as she is the one with the master's degree in psychology, but that just seems a bit odd.

Take Shuan King the BLM leader who posed as a half white half black man when he was white. It's obviously apparent to me he has dated black women and spent sometime within the black community and culture. If he would have been honest with people, people like me wouldn't have dismissed him completely as a fraud. M&M is white, and arguably the best rap artist, but he never claimed to be black, he was honest and that allows me to respect him for his talent and success, even though I may not be into his specific music.
Can I just take some time to point out how nakedly racist this controversy is? For one, this is Shaun King
shaun%2Bking3_resize.jpg

This is Shaun King in High School

Shaun%20King%20sophomore.png

I don't know about you, but he looks like a light-skinned black guy to me. But Breitbart, paragon of journalistic integrity that it is, chose to go with this sweet desaturated picture from a CNN interview

hqdefault-1.jpg

Now, it should come as no surprise that conservative media absolutely loathes BLM, and by extension, its proponents. But instead of constructively addressing the stated points of the group's platform, they take cheap shots and assassinate the character of the movement's proponents. The message here is "This guy isn't really black. Therefore, his lived experiences, including the well-documented hate crimes that he experienced during childhood, are invalid, and so is his advocacy." It's bullshit ad-hominems up and down the block with these guys. Now, it's true that Shaun King's birth certificate lists two white people on his birth certificate, Mr. King has an explanation for that

I refuse to speak in detail about the nature of my mother's past, or her sexual partners, and I am gravely embarrassed to even be saying this now, but I have been told for most of my life that the white man on my birth certificate is not my biological father and that my actual biological father is a light-skinned black man. My mother and I have discussed her affair. She was a young woman in a bad relationship and I have no judgment. This has been my lived reality for nearly 30 of my 35 years on earth. I am not ashamed of it, or of who I am — never that — but I was advised by my pastor nearly 20 years ago that this was not a mess of my doing and it was not my responsibility to fix it. All of my siblings and I have different parents. I'm actually not even sure how many siblings I have. It is horrifying to me that my most personal information, for the most nefarious reasons, has been forced out into the open and that my private past and pain have been used as jokes and fodder to discredit me and the greater movement for justice in America. I resent that lies have been reported as truth and that the obviously racist intentions of these attacks have been consistently downplayed at my expense and that of my family.

Can you imagine how shitty a situation that must be? Not only was his race and lived experiences called into question, but to address the media scorn he basically had to admit "Yeah, my mom was kind of a slut." That's fucked up. Shit, just read this whole thing Black Lives Matter activist Shaun King responds to attacks and questions about his race

Shaun King may be on the fence, but how about Rachel Dolezal?

And her family:

And Ms. Dolezal identified as an African-American woman.

Didn't his parents come out as state that he was lying, and than wasn't he called out by other members of the BLM? There are pictures all over the net of him, as a child and as an adult, he looks incredibly Caucasian. So his birth certificate says he is white, his mother and father say he is white, parts of his group said he was white, he put down that he was white in a police report, but now he is half white/black?

I think its a bit of a stretch that everyone is lying to include himself when he was assaulted for being white and dating a black girl.

Something that I left out and think is important on the acceptance aspects of self identity. That is cultural identity, if you're white and grew up or spent significant time in a Hispanic culture, speak and dress the part, I absolutely accept that and any other combination of the same example. Just don't tell me your Hispanic, you're still white, well cultured in Hispanic culture but that doesn't allow you take someone else's ethnic identity.
Gonna have to stop you on this one. Strictly speaking, Hispanic is not a race, it is an ethnicity. There are white Hispanics, black Hispanics, and even Asian Hispanics. Depending on the location of the Hispanic group there could be a mix of all three or two of the fore mentioned racial groupings. Going further, I would venture to argue that someone who has adopted a culture as their own and been indoctrinated into said culture earns the right to identify with it. Culture is not always about race.

As to the original posting, does it really matter what or how someone identifies themselves as long as it is not an imminent threat to your person? Sure you can think someone is a dumbass that claims to be a short black Thor that loves to dress up as a cabin boy during the blood moon of the solstice, and chances are they probably are. However, does it really make anyone feel better that they feel the need to call someone out? If individual freedom is the keystone of our society, then why do we even care what an individual wants to believe in their head (provided it is not a danger to themselves or others)?

Gonna have to stop you on this one. Strictly speaking, Hispanic is not a race, it is an ethnicity. There are white Hispanics, black Hispanics, and even Asian Hispanics. Depending on the location of the Hispanic group there could be a mix of all three or two of the fore mentioned racial groupings. Going further, I would venture to argue that someone who has adopted a culture as their own and been indoctrinated into said culture earns the right to identify with it. Culture is not always about race.

As to the original posting, does it really matter what or how someone identifies themselves as long as it is not an imminent threat to your person? Sure you can think someone is a dumbass that claims to be a short black Thor that loves to dress up as a cabin boy during the blood moon of the solstice, and chances are they probably are. However, does it really make anyone feel better that they feel the need to call someone out? If individual freedom is the keystone of our society, then why do we even care what an individual wants to believe in their head (provided it is not a danger to themselves or others)?

You're right, I thought I was making that distinction between culture and race, but absolutely agree on the Hispanic use. I've actually met several Mormon who are white and were born and raised in Mexico, as well as many black Latinos from south and central America. Very good point made.

Back