The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obama will commute the sentence of Chelsea Manning before leaving office. Manning will be released in May, instead of 2045
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/...-sentence.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

586.gif

Ugh

There's a wager I would have lost. Wow.

Just this paragraph alone:

The disclosures set off a frantic scramble as Obama administration officials sought to minimize any potential harm, including getting to safety some foreigners in dangerous countries who were identified as having helped American troops or diplomats. Prosecutors, however, presented no evidence that anyone was killed because of the leaks.

One small silver lining

Everything I've read so far says that Obama technically cannot do anything for Snowden (or Bergdahl) because they have not been formally charged yet or gone thru the legal process.

Last edited:
Everything I've read so far says that Obama technically cannot do anything for Manning (or Bergdahl) because they have not been formally charged yet or gone thru the legal process.

Manning was charged, hence his sentence.

Manning was charged, hence his sentence.

I meant Snowden, not Manning. Thanks for pointing that out.

Democrats and media (I repeat myself) better not say another damn word about Hillary and how evil Wikileaks is.

Period.

Stuff this down their throat the next time you hear one spout off on 'election being influenced'. If Wikileaks is evil, you don't commute the sentence of a guy for giving them confidential, secret and top secret information.

Unreal. Just unreal.

Last edited by a moderator:
File this under double standard - our resident liberals here excluded, between my sister, my mom, and most of the people I work with, it really makes me regret being subdued during the Obama years for fear of being called a racist. Fuck, now for supporting anyone but Hillary, and not joining their pink-safetypin cry ins, I'm still a racist.

View attachment 17762

Protesters caught plotting to shut down Trump inauguration | Daily Mail Online

Activists who oppose President-elect Donald Trump were caught on camera in an undercover video discussing ways to disrupt a gala celebrating his inauguration, including the use of butyric acid, better known as stink bombs.

An edited video, shot by James O'Keefe's Project Veritas, a conservative group known for conducting sting operations on liberals, that was released Monday shows three members of the D.C. Anti-Fascist Coalition brainstorming ways to shut down the inauguration eve DeploraBall in Washington, D.C.

'Yeah, if you had a pint of butyric acid, I don't care how big the building is, it's closing,' an anti-Trump activist, identified as Luke Kuhn in the video, says in the opening clip.

I wouldn't put too much stock in project veritas allegations given their history of fabrication - and being caught fabricating this story: Counter-Sting Catches James O'Keefe Network Attempting To Sow Chaos At Trump's Inauguration | The Huffington Post

Maybe there will be violent protests - the article is from Huffpost after all, but I wouldn't take project veritas' word on it.

As far as the Manning thing goes, there is no excuse in my book. I think almost all the allegations I've seen lobbed at President Obama on this board are bullshit - this one is not. If I could go back and change my vote from 2012 based on this I would. This is the most disgusting act of President Obama's tenure in my view.

I wouldn't put too much stock in project veritas allegations given their history of fabrication - and being caught fabricating this story: Counter-Sting Catches James O'Keefe Network Attempting To Sow Chaos At Trump's Inauguration | The Huffington Post

Maybe there will be violent protests - the article is from Huffpost after all, but I wouldn't take project veritas' word on it.

As far as the Manning thing goes, there is no excuse in my book. I think almost all the allegations I've seen lobbed at President Obama on this board are bullshit - this one is not. If I could go back and change my vote from 2012 based on this I would. This is the most disgusting act of President Obama's tenure in my view.
Has the unedited version of the Veritas video from the campaign season come out yet? I'm surprised at how quickly this one came out.

Nixon being a very good example. I even thought of him, but somehow dismissed him.

Nothing will surprise me now...absolutely nothing.
I think it was Bill Simmons who coined the term, but we are firmly in the Tyson Zone.

Remember when Mike Tyson went through that stretch where you heard so many crazy things going on that you had to immediately believe the insane things you heard because he was just on a tear of unrivaled proportions?

That's where I am with politics.

If you told me PE Trump found Buddha, and both parties disbanded and world peace broke out, I would literally just go, "Huh. Crazy."

Has the unedited version of the Veritas video from the campaign season come out yet? I'm surprised at how quickly this one came out.

No, I don't believe so. The only unedited version of any project veritas video I'm aware actually came out was the ACORN related ones - because of legal action. In that case every single allegation turned out to be misleading or outright fraudulent i.e. the dude supposedly condoning prostitution played along to get as much information as he could, then immediately called the police and reported everything. To my knowledge only the heavily edited versions of their other videos have been released. In fairness, if the Huffpost article can be believed, it sounds like that's exactly what this other group is trying to do back to project veritas - which is also fucked up.

To me it exemplifies the 'post-truth' era. As long as someone says something that meets your general disposition - the actual facts of the case are irrelevant. Obama was born in Kenya - well no he wasn't but he still shouldn't be President. HRC and her aides run a child prostitution ring - well, no they don't but I hate them and they're criminals so whatever. PE Trump is a Russian agent - well, no he's not but he's corrupt and terrible. Kind of ironic that in the era of anti-PC, with PC being defined as being too soft and concerned with feelings, most of our political opinions and news end up being driven by our 'feelings' - with evidence as a distant afterthought.

Last edited:
Obama will commute the sentence of Chelsea Manning before leaving office. Manning will be released in May, instead of 2045

We just saw this in my shop. The chorus line of "what the fucks" echoed around the room. It is insulting to pardon that turd and gives ammo to the "Obama hates America/ the military" crowd. Fuck Mannings, even Peyton and Eli.

I think it was Bill Simmons who coined the term, but we are firmly in the Tyson Zone.

Remember when Mike Tyson went through that stretch where you heard so many crazy things going on that you had to immediately believe the insane things you heard because he was just on a tear of unrivaled proportions?

That's where I am with politics.

If you told me PE Trump found Buddha, and both parties disbanded and world peace broke out, I would literally just go, "Huh. Crazy."
Ditto. Somehow I think this sums up the feelings of a quite a few people, both on the left and right.

We just saw this in my shop. The chorus line of "what the fucks" echoed around the room. It is insulting to pardon that turd and gives ammo to the "Obama hates America/ the military" crowd. Fuck Mannings, even Peyton and Eli.
He also pardoned General Carter, somebody was the sacrificial lamb for the rank and file.

Huh. I decided to do a bit of digging and try to figure out why he (Obama) did this.

Mistake.

Now I'm back to being as pissed off today as I was yesterday. I have some words to say about President Obama, but out of respect to the rule that we do not insult/degrade/or otherwise disrespect the sitting Commander-in-Chief, the rest of my rant will have to wait until sometime Friday. Til then, I'll just leave this here:

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 6.02.44 AM.png

Last edited:
Huh. I decided to do a bit of digging and try to figure out why he (Obama) did this.

Mistake.

Now I'm back to being as pissed off today as I was yesterday. I have some words to say about President Obama, but out of respect to the rule that we do not insult/degrade/or otherwise disrespect the sitting Commander-in-Chief, the rest of my rant will have to wait until sometime Friday. Til then, I'll just leave this here:

View attachment 17769

The manning pardon by obama is just so bad. There is still time for a few more.

This musical piece was played at the British surrender at Yorktown, and it is so fitting to hear it again; "The World Turned Upside Down":

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back