The West Point Thread

Only thing they're doing by hiding it is ruining their credibility in a service that people already don't trust. If they would just acknowledge it, and royally fuck that guy up publicly, it might gain them some trust back. Or they can keep bleeding quality Soldiers. But what do I know.

Only thing they're doing by hiding it is ruining their credibility in a service that people already don't trust. If they would just acknowledge it, and royally fuck that guy up publicly, it might gain them some trust back. Or they can keep bleeding quality Soldiers. But what do I know.

When this kind of shit happens - and there is an overt institutional effort to downplay, rationalize, explain, or even hide the impacts - my first thought is - "these mother fuckers aren't about to tar and feather this guy in the town square because they know that he will retaliate by outing all of the other shit bags that are still getting away with it"

It's crazy to even think that this could be true...

"It is speculated that the USMA is likely remaining hushed for now due to the upcoming Army-Navy football game, which is an event the academy puts a lot of emphasis on each year."

It is beyond shameful to think that a fucking ego driven sporting event is more important than addressing a staff member that was arrested and charged with sexual misconduct against a preteen child. But hey, at least it won't sully the sweet deals that the DOD has made with Nike and Under Armor to produce those sweet new special event uniforms that both teams will be wearing.
I reckon this is just how the American military operates in 2023.

Maybe for halftime they will have a Drag Queen Extravaganza to show how unimportant it is to waste time focusing on such frivolous pursuits as traditional social values.

GO ARMY BEAT NAVY

sporting event is more important than addressing a staff member that was arrested and charged with sexual misconduct against a preteen child

I don't give that claim as much credence as its just covering for the institution as a whole. I thinks its somewhat hyperbolic. West Point does not want the public to know that they hired and covered for a child molester, period.

I'm betting they would be all out there taking major credit for rooting out a potential racist or misogynistic staff member though.

I hadn't heard about this before reading about it here on the site, but I haven't been on campus for a few weeks. I don't know if I ever met the DepComm and I don't have any additional insights into the situation.

But after I read about it here, I went to the social messaging app Jodel where it was mentioned a couple of times by various anonymous posters, most likely cadets. So it's definitely not being covered up; lots of people here seem to know about it. At the end of the day, I don't think any organization is going to want to advertise the fact that they have an alleged pedophile in their ranks. I'll have to think about whether or not I can recall any recent incident where a senior member of the West Point team got in trouble and the Academy came out pre-emptively with a statement about it. I can't come up with anything off the top of my head but I'll give it some more thought.

I hadn't heard about this before reading about it here on the site, but I haven't been on campus for a few weeks. I don't know if I ever met the DepComm and I don't have any additional insights into the situation.

But after I read about it here, I went to the social messaging app Jodel where it was mentioned a couple of times by various anonymous posters, most likely cadets. So it's definitely not being covered up; lots of people here seem to know about it. At the end of the day, I don't think any organization is going to want to advertise the fact that they have an alleged pedophile in their ranks. I'll have to think about whether or not I can recall any recent incident where a senior member of the West Point team got in trouble and the Academy came out pre-emptively with a statement about it. I can't come up with anything off the top of my head but I'll give it some more thought.

A statement, however bland, eliminates some of the shit talking and rumors. It also eliminates the "West Point leadership is ignoring the problem" narrative.

A statement, however bland, eliminates some of the shit talking and rumors. It also eliminates the "West Point leadership is ignoring the problem" narrative.

Preemptive damage control is good corporate and political PR strategy. But...it's the Army.

Back