There is No SEAL Team...

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
SOF Support
...but the one true SEAL Team and that SEAL Team is SEAL Team 6. Or DEVGRU. Or whatever.

Nothing personal SEALs, but I kind of liked it when your publicity level was in the cheesy movie/ game/ Discovery special arena and I seriously wish our country would remove itself from DEVGRU's jock. Or SEAL Team 6. Or whoever.

I wish this would go ahead and blow over (and a part of me thinks you guys wish it would too).

Ex3

Bionic SSSO1 plank owner
First Somalia pirates and now Osama...you can't blame the country for thinking that SEALs are the best thing since sliced bread. :thumbsup: But why does the media keep calling them 6? DEVGRU isn't cool enough, I guess.

surgicalcric

Special Forces
Verified SOF
Don't you think if CAG got the call they'd be the ones in the spotlight?

And our feelings would be the same (the movie titles would then be Delta Force...) The name of the unit(s) conducting these types of operations shouldn't be released. Wanting to know doesnt equate needing to know.

At this rate, it wont be long before there will be live feeds into peoples homes IOT satisfy their want to know... :rolleyes:

DA SWO

SOWT
Verified SOF
First Somalia pirates and now Osama...you can't blame the country for thinking that SEALs are the best thing since sliced bread. :thumbsup: But why does the media keep calling them 6? DEVGRU isn't cool enough, I guess.

Guy named Marchinko put ST6 onto the lips of every journalist, and he keeps popping up to revive the term.

Diamondback 2/2

Infantry
Verified Military
SSMP
Military Mentor
They should have had a Reserve unit full of cooks and clerks do that mission (or at least said it was).......What kind of thought would that put into the worlds ideas about our actual gunfighters.:-"

SpitfireV

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy!
They should have had a Reserve unit full of cooks and clerks do that mission (or at least said it was).......What kind of thought would that put into the worlds ideas about our actual gunfighters.:-"

seagal_under_siege.0.0.0x0.640x384.jpg

Vegas

BANNED
Unverified
the Navy is always willing to accept free publicity... whether they do the mission or not!

SpitfireV

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy!
That's interesting. Couldn't the name be withheld through privacy provisions though? Or even classify the name at Secret? I'm sure these aren't original suggestions though.