United States & Gun Control discussion.

All Vets in general.
It'll come down to a city/suburban vs suburban/rural debate.
I see some sort of civil violence in the future, civil war, maybe; over reaction to a terror incident, possibly, reaction to the abuse of power by the feds-IMO most probable.
The left taught civil disobedience during the 60's and those on the right are starting to mimic those protestors.

I can see more protests from the right/gun rights crowd. You see some of them now at those NRA themed rallies.

I'm waiting to see a resurgence of the "right wing militias" again.
Something has to give, people are not going to let this all slide. Now whether that is a fringe element or a majority who knows, I strongly suspect only a small percentage will take action, but Timothy McVeigh etc... made a huge "statement" for lessor reasons. I guess we will have to wait and see.
I can also see a rise of left wing violence, mass civil disobedience, in fact that has already started in many places.

I'm waiting to see a resurgence of the "right wing militias" again.

Are you talking about self-declared militias (e.g. the "three percent" crowd), or the media labeling anyone who has thoughts of owning a firearm as a member of an extreme right-wing militia?

Are you talking about self-declared militias (e.g. the "three percent" crowd), or the media labeling anyone who has thoughts of owning a firearm as a member of an extreme right-wing militia?

Self declared.
The media's ravings mean little to me.

Self declared.
The media's ravings mean little to me.

Agree on the first. Agree/disagree on the second:

As much as I don't give a fuck what comes out of Rachel Maddow's facehole (just an example; it can be applied to the rest of her ilk), their intentionally inaccurate portrayals of fact and pushing of the narrative is exactly how two things happen:
- law-abiding citizens are marginalized and routine behaviors become viewed as "fringe"
- populations are set against each other - the more they project an "us vs. them" mindset (which they've done for decades, but has taken a sharp increase in the last 8-10 years), the more the population becomes polarized, and the more the Fourth Estate undermines this country.

It may not mean much to you or I, but to a lot of people (including people I know, not just a faceless "them") the shiny bright picture box is the word of truth.

I'm not saying they need to sing along with the good narrative, but I don't think for one second that they do what they do with any regard for the impact it has on American society. If anything, many of them are utilizing techniques documented in playbooks of how to deconstruct/destroy a nation (e.g. Rules for Radicals).

I'll just take this moment to reiterate my opinion that most (if not all) media are vermin.

(As a quick example - the latest protest in Burns, OR would have been characterized as people fighting injustice if it had a different demographic makeup fighting against someone being sent back to prison after having served the sentence. Instead, it's an "anti-government militia"... which changes how millions of people will view the issues surrounding complaints against the justice system.)

As much as I don't give a fuck what comes out of Rachel Maddow's facehole (just an example; it can be applied to the rest of her ilk), their intentionally inaccurate portrayals of fact and pushing of the narrative is exactly how two things happen:
- law-abiding citizens are marginalized and routine behaviors become viewed as "fringe"
- populations are set against each other - the more they project an "us vs. them" mindset (which they've done for decades, but has taken a sharp increase in the last 8-10 years), the more the population becomes polarized, and the more the Fourth Estate undermines this country.
Liberals generally have become quite adept at this tactic, and it has worked for hundreds of years: divide and conquer through marginalization and polarization.

That shit is coming straight out of the White House.

All Vets in general...

Veterans represent a huge potential gray army of trained marksmen, many of them combat-experienced, that the gun-banners fear the most. A vet who's gotten some routine counciling for PTSD somewhere along the road might constitute a threat under interpretations of bullshit laws like this.

As far as constitutionality is concerned, local judges and municipalities can get away with a lot of mischief before higher courts get involved.

@Devildoc : that just bolsters why, even though I tune out when certain tards start talking, we should be worried about the effect they have on others, particularly voters and decision-makers.

On a slightly different note (but still on topic) I came across this on SHTFGear's page: Instagram photo by SHTF Gear • Oct 27, 2015 at 7:25pm UTC
(computer doesn't want to grab the image, so you get a link).

Last edited:
...local judges and municipalities can get away with a lot of mischief before higher courts get involved.

Very true...and many of those cases are only brought to higher courts if the plaintiffs have the ability to fund it further up the chain.

We will never know all of the "out of the world" decisions that are made in smaller courts that we will never hear of.

Oddly enough, I have not noticed the usual uptick in pricing that tends to precede Leftist gun grab legislation.

No real change in pricing (AK's are up a hair, but they are always hot and cold), and ammo/mags/rifles are a-plenty.

Oddly enough, I have not noticed the usual uptick in pricing that tends to precede Leftist gun grab legislation.

No real change in pricing (AK's are up a hair, but they are always hot and cold), and ammo/mags/rifles are a-plenty.
Everyone bought what they could for Christmas.
They are now broke.

Can anyone say how this new EO will keep people safer and reduce fun violence?

I've never seen MD gangbangers at the MD or VA gunshows.

Can anyone say how this new EO will keep people safer and reduce fun violence?

I've never seen MD gangbangers at the MD or VA gunshows.
How will they know?
My guess is they start running a bunch of stings at gun shows.
I am lucky, my CHL (or LTC as it is now called) acts as my NICS here in TX.

I've been streaming CNN, and the press conference on this, as well as the common mantra among the pundits is that it "might" have some impact on some potential violence. I also heard that "if it saves even one person", it would be worth it.

Even democrats admit this EO/edict wouldn't have prevented Sandy Hook, or San Bernardino, or any of the other mass shootings.

I never figured street gang members to be the types to go out and vote, no matter what the country.

They don't vote. But...conventional wisdom among the Left is that since so many minority gang members are incarcerated, most of them must be innocent victims of police racism. Therefore, they are just the victims of a corrupt, racist society run by sadistic White Men. The aforementioned White Men are probably members of the National Rifle Association, a radical group that's about a red cunt hair away from all but being designated a domestic terrorist organization by the next Leftist regime that takes power in this country.

Back