United States & Gun Control discussion.

While I typically despise the NY Times (and still do in this case), here is a pretty interesting article they put out after the Newtown shooting. Their point being that 1,500 state gun bills were introduced in the year after the Newtown massacre. 178 passed at least one chamber of a state legislature, and 109 have become law.

Of those 109, 39 laws tightened gun rights while 70 of them actually loosened controls. Take a look at your state and see if you are getting what you voted for:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...s-enacted-in-the-year-since-newtown.html?_r=0

I would like to move to DE or VA. They have nice gun laws.

I lived there for 6 years and I loved it.
Gun related: Gun shows there are awesome, great selection and deals to be made as the last day draws to a close. Ranges are abundant, everything from country clubs for gun guys to hole-in-the-wall type places that have probably been there for 50-60 years. There are places 'out in the desert' to go shoot as well.

I read a story where MN Supreme Court will decide whether a BB gun is a firearm (felon was imprisoned for possession of BB gun, considered a firearm).

BB Guns - FindLaw

I don't have time to research it right now, but that article seems to be in contradiction to the BATFE's stance on air guns, not to mention air guns are widely considered non firearms on an international level. I think I would fight that in charge in federal court.

It's a bit retarded to attempt to equate a bb gun with the right to keep and bear arms. I can see a ruling coming down, which could effect ownership, sales and transfers of all kinds of crap (air soft, bb guns, crossbows, black powder, pocketknives, etc).

With todays stupidity, its better to move and avoid shitty states that infringe on people simply b/c the elected government are filled with gigantic pussies.

I don't have time to research it right now, but that article seems to be in contradiction to the BATFE's stance on air guns, not to mention air guns are widely considered non firearms on an international level. I think I would fight that in charge in federal court.

It's a bit retarded to attempt to equate a bb gun with the right to keep and bear arms. I can see a ruling coming down, which could effect ownership, sales and transfers of all kinds of crap (air soft, bb guns, crossbows, black powder, pocketknives, etc).

With todays stupidity, its better to move and avoid shitty states that infringe on people simply b/c the elected government are filled with gigantic pussies.

Moving may be a temporary solution to a long term shift. Sure I could move but my state will continue to shift further and I fear a domino effect.

Which puts you at the mercy of a chronometer. Better hope you don't pump that Red Ryder one too many times....

Merde.

At least they aren't banning evil looking BB guns yet. Cause we all know if it looks like an "assault rifle", it instantly shoots rockets and fireballs in full auto without reloading.

The Gov of Virginia ha declared that Virginia will no longer recognize CCW permits from more than a few states. He claims other states are granting CCW's to criminals. My hope is that those states do not follow suit and fail to recognise our Va CCW's. I just renewed my CCW for another five years, and I am wondering if the number of CCW's granted will drop. I think it will. Up to now, it has been legeal to open carry, as long as you have been cleared to purchase the weapon. Not many practice this, in fact it is rare to see open carry except for LEO's. I expect that will change too.

LOL. Bad move there Governor McAuliff. The Republican controlled legislature has a plan.
“A lot of the governor’s power is deferred to the General Assembly at that point and I’ll be getting with my colleagues to circumvent everything this governor has done on this point,” he said. “I have a budget amendment that I’m looking at to take away his executive protection unit. If he’s so afraid of guns, then I’m not going to surround him with armed state policemen.”
Virginia Sen. Bill Carrico

I think Obama's Executive Actions will be ignored by a large segment of society, DoJ will find someone to make an example out of, but his EA's may not pass the court test.

If you think this is bad, imagine a Hillary presidency.
I think Obama's Executive Actions will be ignored by a large segment of society, DoJ will find someone to make an example out of, but his EA's may not pass the court test.

2nd day of Open Carry in Texas.....and no issues in the Dallas Metro area. The news actually went out looking for people carrying......wanting it to be a huge issue, they were disappointed.

San Antonio Express news has ran constant articles about it the past week, with liberal spin. "All Police chiefs think its bad, businesses are banning it, blah, blah, blahhh".

Today was probably the most comfortable I've been carrying in a long, long time. Not really open, OTWB, but just wearing a jacket, but not freaking out about possibly accidental exposure.

Back