United States & Gun Control discussion.

When the government comes to take our weapons (and history says this will happen because that's a natural political cycle) all of this "cold dead hands" crap is just that. Guardsmen in uniform took the weapons, others knew and didn't intervene, and there were no riots or shootings or "rabble, rabble, rabble."

Do you really think it'll come to that? I think the government is stupid in many ways, but how do they go house-to-house to collect over 300 million guns? I don't know that it's that stupid.

With face-to-face private sales, inherited guns, guns given away, guns acquired I think if they tried to collect all the 4473s they wouldn't make a dent.

I don't see going house to house taking guns ever happening throughout the entire country. Maybe in certain states such as Cali and NY.. Im not a gun owner but have just learned about the NY unSAFE ACT.

Wouldn't the Oath Sworn by those Guard members be broken if they confiscate guns that are apparently protected by the 2a?

Do you really think it'll come to that? I think the government is stupid in many ways, but how do they go house-to-house to collect over 300 million guns? I don't know that it's that stupid.

With face-to-face private sales, inherited guns, guns given away, guns acquired I think if they tried to collect all the 4473s they wouldn't make a dent.

I trust history because it is a pretty solid indicator of how men think and act. Given the right scenarios, and not that implausible mind you, it would easily happen in America. We like to think that we hold some moral high ground or something, that the American spirit will allow us to rise above it all and blah, blah....No. We're people and people are assholes. If America's in the "right" place for a weapons confiscation to happen, it will go down and it will barely whimper in the process. We're humans and our history won't change, no matter the flag.

I trust history because it is a pretty solid indicator of how men think and act. Given the right scenarios, and not that implausible mind you, it would easily happen in America. We like to think that we hold some moral high ground or something, that the American spirit will allow us to rise above it all and blah, blah....No. We're people and people are assholes. If America's in the "right" place for a weapons confiscation to happen, it will go down and it will barely whimper in the process. We're humans and our history won't change, no matter the flag.

I see your point. I do think that when the screws are tightened people fold like a cheap tent. I guess my point was less the historo-philosophical (I think I made a new word) and more logistical.

I DO think that foundation has been laid to seriously erode 2A rights and limit gun ownership.

I think as a statistic, a lot of guys will turn in their weapons. But you will have more than a few incidents where it will get bad. I better not be here when that happens.

If you Google it you'll find some details (I think the NOLA sheriff or LA governor called for their confiscation), but we have a well-respected member here who participated in the Katrina recovery. His Guard unit (and some others) refused to participate, so the local authorities shopped around until they found Guard units willing to confiscate weapons.

When the government comes to take our weapons (and history says this will happen because that's a natural political cycle) all of this "cold dead hands" crap is just that. Guardsmen in uniform took the weapons, others knew and didn't intervene, and there were no riots or shootings or "rabble, rabble, rabble."

How did they know WHERE to look?O_o

Prevention of firearm-related injuries with restrictive licensing and concealed carry laws: An Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma systematic review

"CONCLUSION: PICO 1: We recommend the use of restrictive licensing to reduce firearm-related injuries.

PICO 2: We recommend against the use of concealed carry laws to reduce firearm-related injuries."

Deaths from traffic accidents would plummet if the US implemented restrictive licensing, mandatory training, and requiring a "just cause" for purchase.

Congress should close the car show loophole and stop allowing internet purchase where any crazy can just buy one online without a safety inspection.

Deaths from traffic accidents would plummet if the US implemented restrictive licensing, mandatory training, and requiring a "just cause" for purchase.

Congress should close the car show loophole and stop allowing internet purchase where any crazy can just buy one online without a safety inspection.

Best part, the most trained and regulated vehicle operators continue to see more and more regulation throw onto the plate. Slippery slope is real.

I am always amused by the people who fail to understand that it's the "tool" using the tool that is the problem and not the tool itself.

Firearms that are left alone are nothing more than pretty paperweights. Once a "tool" picks one up and uses it for nefarious reasons, it becomes "evil" in the eyes of those who simply don't like weapons at all.

The nation needs to address the issue concerning the "people" who use weapons for bad purposes rather than simply try to prevent everyone from exercising their right to own a weapon.

Last edited:
Best part, the most trained and regulated vehicle operators continue to see more and more regulation throw onto the plate. Slippery slope is real.

Drivers are protected by regulated vehicle safety measures too. Each gun manufacturer should include body armor with purchase. Kids have booster seats in cars so they need equal protection via smaller sizes.

Back