United States & Gun Control discussion.

The recent ruling in favor of the Maryland gun ban is very interesting. Many of the weapons covered by the ban are specifically the ones that a reasonable person would think are necessary in order to keep the Militia well-regulated and to preserve the security of a free State. You're not going to resist tyranny with deer rifles and skeet guns. Not successfully, anyway.

So why didn't you make your whole point in the first place, instead of your usual passive aggressive bullshit? You made the point that the ban didn't contribute to a lower gun crime rate. The obvious conclusion to draw from that is that you think it should have. Jesus Christ dude.

Take it down a notch. Thank you.

I figure it's far less tin foil hat-y than anything about keeping certain types of guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens. It sure as hell isn't about preventing crime on any real level. There's no easy policy lever to go after the socio-economic root causes of urban violence.

It's very simple, red team vs blue team. Any law that restricts firearms gets put in the win column by the blue team and a loss to the red team. It's zero sum game identity politics.

:thumbsup:

ATF: Minnesota permit to carry now satisfies background check for buying guns

Minnesota residents with a permit to carry may now purchase a firearm from a licensed dealer without the normally required background check, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives announced Friday.

The ATF has determined that the state’s requirement for getting a permit to carry complies with the background check requirements under federal law for purchasing a firearm.

Any carry permits with expiration dates of Aug. 1, 2019, or later now qualify as alternatives to usual the FBI instant background checks.

I would certainly hope that this would catch on in more states. When it comes to gun laws these days...I will take any victory that I can![/

This went into effect in Ohio last year. However, its still up to the dealer. Some will run a check on you anyway claiming they don't have to sell you a gun if you won't agree to it.

65664190.jpg

Back