United States & Gun Control discussion.

Here's what's in the Florida gun bill - CNNPolitics

I thought this was a good fit for this thread and not the school shootings one. If the Mods disagree please move.

I am ok with some of this but the age portion really pisses me off a bit.

I thought Florida had a five day waiting period already in place.

- Mod Edit -
“Like” is for the thread placement and not the article itself.

Nice ear/eye pro. That’s a steel grinding wheel. Too bad the plastic didn’t load it up and cause a catastrophic fragmentation. She would then ban grinders🤪

For handguns. No waiting period for rifles or lower receivers.

Is that "no matter what?". In Minnesota there is a waiting period, but those of us with a Carry Permit have no waiting period for 5 years. Folks can also get a "Permit to Purchase" from the local sheriff which is good for 1 year. Many MN gun stores will not even sell to a person without one of those two permits.

Wow. I bitch about this state from time to time....but our gun and carry laws are actually pretty solid in compression to other states.
Oh and soon there will be a background check for ammo here along with making it a illegal to buy ammo out of state and bring it in. This state needs a turnover.

Is that "no matter what?". In Minnesota there is a waiting period, but those of us with a Carry Permit have no waiting period for 5 years. Folks can also get a "Permit to Purchase" from the local sheriff which is good for 1 year. Many MN gun stores will not even sell to a person without one of those two permits.

CCW holders can walk out same day.

Ca. Retired PD have to wait and CCW holders. This is why any talk of more gun control is a reflection of a rogue state (Ca) tearing up the constitution one word at a time.

No waiting period in PA, nor should there be.

I'd actually like to dig into the stats to see if I can find out how many times a previously law abiding citizen went out and bought a gun from an FFL and then immediately murdered someone with it. I don't know the answer but I'm willing to bet the number isn't significant at all.

In Nevada the only waiting period is the hour or so it takes to get the OK from the state people on the phone. I've actually left and gotten lunch before while waiting.

Nice ear/eye pro. That’s a steel grinding wheel. Too bad the plastic didn’t load it up and cause a catastrophic fragmentation. She would then ban grinders🤪
LMAO I was thinking the same. I was rooting for the grinder when I first saw this clip. ;-)

Back