United States & Gun Control discussion.

Fair enough, I’ve noted the differences between our two countries above. On the arming of teachers question, I thought the measures were well thought out & personally I thought they’d not get up, thinking the NRA would water them down. The mental health aspect also remains, which is a good measure. It’s a bit toothless to quibble over age.
ETA: over here the tide has gone out on the gun debate & the Florida changes haven’t been reported. Funny thing that.

Last edited:
@CQB I liken it to drunk drivers. No one is screaming for a ban on cars because of drunk drivers. More people in the U.S. die from tobacco products than guns, yet no one is taking a stand against big tobacco like they are against guns. In my opinion it's the lefts side of the county's ruling class to disarm us to impose their ideas and will upon us.

I have yet to find anyone, such as an elected official to explain to me why there are age differences for certain things. The answer of "it's the law" isn't enough. Explain to me the history, the why, the rational behind it.

Why can't an 18 year old drink? Florida and the company's that took it upon themselves to raise the age to buy a gun just chastised an age group because one douch nozzle ( don't ban me @Ooh-Rah )

Just to be clear, Mods are not able to personally ban anyone from the forum...from threads, yes.

Here's the deal, the Admins have bigger fish to fry than monitor threads and conversations all day. @x SF med and @Red Flag 1 are seasoned mods and have done their time. @CDG and @Marauder06 are both in roles that do not give them the freedom to be on the board at all times. I happen to be in a job where I am pretty much sitting in front of my computer at all hours...so if I have to come across as "the heel" from time-to-time I'm okay with that.

I'm damn proud to be part of this current staff and can assure you that all member decisions are made as a staff; not by one single individual.

I don't want to derail this thread; so let's just leave this at that.

I have yet to find anyone, such as an elected official to explain to me why there are age differences for certain things. The answer of "it's the law" isn't enough. Explain to me the history, the why, the rational behind it.

You will never get a logical rational my friend. It, in my opinion is a means of control.

Just to be clear, Mods are not able to personally ban anyone from the forum...from threads, yes.

Here's the deal, the Admins have bigger fish to fry than monitor threads and conversations all day. @x SF med and @Red Flag 1 are seasoned mods and have done their time. @CDG and @Marauder06 are both in roles that do not give them the freedom to be on the board at all times. I happen to be in a job where I am pretty much sitting in front of my computer at all hours...so if I have to come across as "the heel" from time-to-time I'm okay with that.

I'm damn proud to be part of this current staff and can assure you that all member decisions are made as a staff; not by one single individual.

I don't want to derail this thread; so let's just leave this at that.

Dude it was a freaking joke. Lighten up...

@Downtown, the disarmament debate is for me a furphy. But the left does have a bit to answer for and it’s s bit of a grind to get the message across. (BTW I’ve voted Labor (Dem.) all my life).

I sent you a PM.

I dig your input as the left uses your countries model as an example of what we should do. There are flaws in both policies.

I take it economics isn’t your strong suit? 😎

I admit it is not. I was being silly with the quote and revesring the original.

To be serious it is always the actions of the few who dictate the polices and laws that control the many who are doing the right thing.

Gosh, no - take ARs off the market, I say.

I applaud any business that can maneuver to maintain a revenue source in such a circumstance, unless it can be argued that continuing to sell product at a subsidiary store is genuinely deceptive advertising.

I would doubt this to be the case here, though, as Field and Stream no longer sell assault type rifles at any of their stores as of last month.

Where do your views about the AR come from?
Can you be persuaded to change your views?

Dude it was a freaking joke. Lighten up...
Your response of "lighten up" is a dick comment. I have zero online relationship with you and have no way of guessing whether or not you are making an attempt at humor. Truth be told, I don't care if it was a joke or not.

At the end of the day I took your comment seriously and responded in kind.

I admit it is not. I was being silly with the quote and revesring the original.

To be serious it is always the actions of the few who dictate the polices and laws that control the many who are doing the right thing.
There’s always losers economically, the trick is to limit that & act for the greater good. My dry comment was Aussie humour. All good.

Back