United States & Gun Control discussion.

New Zealand bans AR-15s (with detachable magazines)...https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2019/mar/21/new-zealand-shooting-jacinda-ardern-to-make-policy-announcement-live-updates

For the Kiwis, what were your gun laws prior to this. This is a very irrational and emotional response.

Sounds like they're moving to California style laws. If the shooter was Australian, wouldn't that mean his possession of the firearms was illegal?

We have two category of semi-auto ownership. A Cat (normal licence, can own some semis, shotguns, bolts, etc) and E Cat which covers "Military Style Assault Rifles" which have more than 7 rounds in a mag and a bunch of features like folding stocks and free standing pistol grips and things. They're definitely banning them for A Cat but E Cat noone is sure about. The press release is as clear as mud.

The E Cat holders need improved security and higher levels of vetting than A Cat so all the E Cat holders aren't sure right now if they're able to keep them after April or not.

I *think* the government has to do a buy back which will cost a fortune.

By the sounds of it the police possibly dropped the ball in the vetting stages for the A Cat licence- but they won't take responsibility.

We have two category of semi-auto ownership. A Cat (normal licence, can own some semis, shotguns, bolts, etc) and E Cat which covers "Military Style Assault Rifles" which have more than 7 rounds in a mag and a bunch of features like folding stocks and free standing pistol grips and things. They're definitely banning them for A Cat but E Cat noone is sure about. The press release is as clear as mud.

The E Cat holders need improved security and higher levels of vetting than A Cat so all the E Cat holders aren't sure right now if they're able to keep them after April or not.

I *think* the government has to do a buy back which will cost a fortune.

By the sounds of it the police possibly dropped the ball in the vetting stages for the A Cat licence- but they won't take responsibility.

And now our idiots are trying to rush to ban handguns and semi-autos before the election in the fall. Something they've wanted to do for a while.
Liberal gun review to include type of semi-auto rifles NZ shooter used: Blair - iPolitics

They'll be lucky to be re-elected after PM Shiny Pony and his puppeteers were caught trying to interfere with the a major fraud case against SNC Lavalin because they are heavily connected to the Liberal party and Trudeau personally.

I bet a few more people will be wearing Wranglers now. I just wish these companies would stay out of politics and stick to what made them famous.
I can't buy less than the zero number of Levi's that I've currently bought. I also don't own Dockers or their other product. They were never really my style but maybe I'm just a real good judge of products and character. 😁

I can't buy less than the zero number of Levi's that I've currently bought. I also don't own Dockers or their other product. They were never really my style but maybe I'm just a real good judge of products and character. 😁

I get ya, but like them or not, Levis have been a mainstay for blue collar middle America for a long time. This may hurt their bottom line, but apparently they are willing to take the hit. On the other hand, it could secure a new breed of customers.

I get ya, but like them or not, Levis have been a mainstay for blue collar middle America for a long time. This may hurt their bottom line, but apparently they are willing to take the hit. On the other hand, it could secure a new breed of customers.
Well, they won't earn my dollar; sounds like we're both OK with that.

Funny how a bunch of multi-national companies, who rely heavily on child and quasi-slave labor, lecture normal people on the morality of self defense and firearm ownership. It's like these CEO's and their families live behind the protection of high walls and affluence. Why should the freedoms of filthy peasants bother them?

Back