United States & Gun Control discussion.

I think a lot of what you are calling for is going to cost a lot of money we (schools and/or government) don't have. I don't feel the need for the big wonderful federal government to "free" me from things like this either.
Yeah, the nine dreaded words" I'm from the government and, I'm here to help.
With all the crap that congress is doing now. When their primary purpose is to pass a budget. Should be the loudest wake up call to everyone here in our society. What really torques my shorts though. Is the inactivity while the entire congress was republican controlled Spent 2 years focusing on drama in D.C. Democrats take control of the house and, within 4 days. They're shitting out gun control bills left and right.
The forces of good an evil are in a constant struggle. Know it sounds corny but, that's the way history tells it. I stay prepared, more with my mindset than anything else. Jefferson in federalist #? speaks about this specific topic of gun control. I will attach a few quotes from him. This is not the end all be all to the situation we face as a society that is slowly sliding into the shitter. I do what I can by studying current affairs and, passing on accurate information to others.

I would like to offer a different perspective. For those who do not know, I an not an American and do not live in the USA. I am a Kiwi and have spent my life in military service and subsequently in Africa in the private military area.

Ever since going private and working in Africa (longer than I like to admit now) one common factor emerges. Those without the tools to realistically defend themselves (Usually subsistence farmers) get subjugated by anyone who so wishes. . Be it bandits, rogue government, militant or cultural groups. The horrors they are subjected to beggar belief. The things that done reduce the hardest men to tears with ease.

Once we have been able to address the immediate issue and neutralise the problem group, we take time to "empower" the victims by way of training to a basic proficiency and "accidentally" leaving a few AKs available these people are not molested again.Many will say we are just exacerbating the issue. I believe that this is not the case. The people we have helped are not interested in anything but getting on with their traditional life style. They have always been this way and have ignored the events around them to the point they have become totally vulnerable to the scum and corrupt .

Why are they left alone?

They can and do defend themselves. That is the only difference. I say again, that is the only difference.

Sadly the next unprepared group will become the object of the attentions of the filth that seek to act against others for no good reason. The absolute tragedy of murdered innocents is abhorrent and despicable and the perpetrators need to be made to pay.

More people are murdered in Africa with knives and axes than with firearms. More die from wild animal attack. All of these statistics change once the potential victim is both prepared equipped. As far as I can see numbers of people killed with non firearms weapons exceeds those killed with firearms the world over.

I can see no good from giving up the basic right to bear arms you have. I can see a lot of potential harm being done to good folk if this right is given up.

Ban guns = bad law.

The issues are not about who has firearms, they are about society and personal responsibility. If someone decides to run amok they will use whatever is to hand. The media seems to want to pump firearms related events way beyond any other type. That is where the danger lies I believe.

How many people die each year in the US as a result of drug overdose or automobile accidents?
You hit it right on the head for me!

Jumped around the video a bit. Seems pretty well researched and put together as to the history of the 2nd ammendment.

I didn't see it mentioned while I was jumping around, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that he doesn't mention Scalia himself was of the opinion that the 2nd amendment could be regulated?

Edit: I mention Scalia because of the number of comments saying things like "all gun laws are illegal" or "we should sue California for violating the Constitution".

Those don't seem like people who would get nuance.

Scalia brought up at 18:50...then brings up several Justice opinions.

Last edited:
This needs to be disseminated far and wide people. The radicals want to take a right that they did not give. How many times do people need to be informed of one simple truth. The 2nd amendment merely affirms in writing our right to individual sel-protection. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED GODDAMNIT!!!

This needs to be disseminated far and wide people. The radicals want to take a right that they did not give. How many times do people need to be informed of one simple truth. The 2nd amendment merely affirms in writing our right to individual sel-protection. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED GODDAMNIT!!!

That's a publicity stunt. They know it. It's like a local jurisdiction who put out a resolution that they were against genocide.

Sweet - start queuing up lawsuits against Ford, Chrysler, and Chevy for all those vehicular homicide deaths
Then we can finally sue all the tobacco companies for giving people lung cancer

I am going to start lawyer shopping for someone that will help me sue Levi-Strauss for making my ass look fat
Budweiser is next for making my belly look like a flotation device
Last but not least, I'm going to start a class action lawsuit against Ross Perot for giving us the Clintons

I think it's the case of a judge who wants to be reelected or reappointed, so he just passed the buck. SCOTUS will fix it.

Maybe...but that could take years and there can be more damage done in the interim. Like I said, it's bad precedent to start....

so - as an add-on
In eight years of Obama - I dont remember ANY groundbreaking legislation that deteriorated my gun rights.

Now - suppressor restrictions have failed under Trump - bump stocks are bad - red flag laws are popping up - and soon - we can sue corporations when people misuse their products
Democrats should be campaigning for Trump - not trying to impeach him

Meanwhile - every republican in congress should be put in the street for standing by with their collective thumbs stuck in their asses

so - as an add-on
In eight years of Obama - I dont remember ANY groundbreaking legislation that deteriorated my gun rights.

Now - suppressor restrictions have failed under Trump - bump stocks are bad - red flag laws are popping up - and soon - we can sue corporations when people misuse their products
Democrats should be campaigning for Trump - not trying to impeach him

Meanwhile - every republican in congress should be put in the street for standing by with their collective thumbs stuck in their asses
Democrats used mass shootings (with help from a Republican Senate) to stop the suppressor bill that a Republican House passed.

Bump stock edict is being challenged, and probably will end up at SCOTUS, which gives Trump the ability to say "I tried".

Red Flag laws are State level, and concern me very much. I see another SCOTUS ruling in the future. One I am concerned about.

Back