United States & Gun Control discussion.

I'd be mad as hell if someone put my name out on a list of registered gun owners.
Im no lawyer but it is my understanding that the FOA applies to government entities but NOT private citizens. I think they are in the shit for putting individual names on a website like that. I know Id be talking to a lawyer if my name was out on that list.

This is another example of why people don't want to register their weapons. First it's stupid shit like this, then a while down the road there's a knock on the door and a group of armed men with a list want to know where all your registered weapons are, so they can take them from you. Then when they come back later, you have no means to resist.

Screw it, I'd want people to know I have a gun and that I'm packing, maybe they'd break into someone else's garage to steal their bike instead of mine (again) if they knew the homeowner was armed. And all of my neighbors know I'm in the Army and probably assume (incorrectly) that I'm armed to the teeth, so it's not like I'm going to lose any friends over it. So yeah, give me my permit and print my name and address in the paper.

Not to mention people who cannot legally or financially obtain a gun, now know where to find one. I'm sure they could've found one regardless, but there is no reason to have put them on the radar, especially over the holidays.

No problem pushing the envelope on the 2nd amendment, but god forbid we tamper with their freedom of press/speech. Ehh. I'm not sure how I wanted to word that. Point being!!! -I hate the media.

Im no lawyer but it is my understanding that the FOA applies to government entities but NOT private citizens. I think they are in the shit for putting individual names on a website like that. I know Id be talking to a lawyer if my name was out on that list.

In a lot of states, CCPs are a matter of public record and considered public information, just like mortgages, land ownership, etc. Only a few states have passed laws stating that CCP information cannot be publicly released. With the mood of the community lately, I'm sure it'll end up like sex offender websites; you'll be able to pull up a web page listing everyone around you that owns one of those evil guns... :ROFLMAO:

In a lot of states, CCPs are a matter of public record and considered public information, just like mortgages, land ownership, etc. Only a few states have passed laws stating that CCP information cannot be publicly released. With the mood of the community lately, I'm sure it'll end up like sex offender websites; you'll be able to pull up a web page listing everyone around you that owns one of those evil guns... :ROFLMAO:
According to the story that information IS public record by State Law.

In Florida a concealed weapons permit is protected information. I wonder if New York or other states have that stipulation? Im too tired to look it up just now LOL.
http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/cwrecords.html
On July 1, 2006, a new law went into effect that makes personal identifying information pertaining to a Concealed Weapon or Firearm license confidential and exempt from Section 119.07(1), Florida Statutes and Section 24(a), Article 1 of the State Constitution.
Exceptions to this exemption are:
  • With the express written consent of the applicant or licensee or his/her legally authorized representative.
  • By court order upon a showing of good cause.
  • Upon request by a law enforcement agency in connection with the performance of lawful duties.

I was reading the comment on that link. Those folks are now signed up for lots of guns and ammo magazines amongst other things. ROFL. They even posted up pics of her house. Im not sympathetic in the least.

Some info for any of you who wish to reply to this womans stupidity.

Her eamil: jhasson@lohud.com

And the name, addy and phone numbers of the retards who decided to put all of those lawful gun owners in danger.

Journal News President:
Janet Hasson, 3 Gate House Lane Mamaroneck, NY 10534 (914) 694.5204

Editors:
Cyndee Royle, 1133 Westchester Ave., Suite N110, White Plains, NY 10604, 914-694-9300

Nancy Cutler 9 Woodwind Ln, Spring Valley, NY. (845) 354 3485

Parent company of The Journal News Gannett
CEO Gracia C Martore 728 Springvale Rd Great Falls, VA 22066 (703) 759 5954

The reporter on the story is:
Dwight R Worley 23006 139 Ave Springfield Gardens, NY 11413 (718) 527 0832

I was reading the comment on that link. Those folks are now signed up for lots of guns and ammo magazines amongst other things. ROFL. They even posted up pics of her house. Im not sympathetic in the least.
Some info for any of you who wish to reply to this womans stupidity.

Her eamil: jhasson@lohud.com

And the name, addy and phone numbers of the retards who decided to put all of those lawful gun owners in

I am so happy about this. Law abiding citizens need to show they will not be harassed and intimidated by typical Leftist Progressive tactics. They (Leftists like this publisher) are the same fools who sent mobs to the homes of bankers during "Occupy Wall Street" protests, and threatened and labeled anyone who participated in the Tea Party Movement with similar grade school techniques of bullying and ostracization. During the Tea Party movement, everyone was labeled a racist. It's always labels and threats and ostracization. They need to be taught they are messing with the wrong sort now, and that we will push back much harder than they bargained for.

This suddenly came to so I apologize if I missed it in the 18 pages of this thread:

Pro-gun/ pro-2A literature and arguments frequently cite the Founding Fathers' view on an armed populace.

Where are quotes from the FF which support a weapons ban or restriction?

I understand that things change, but you can find divergent views from the FF on almost any topic, just not on the ownership of weapons. They argued over slavery, taxes, the military, state's rights, Federal powers, and the structure of our government, but not about owning weapons.
Could it be because a gun was pretty much a necessity in the 18th century? If you wanted to eat, you owned a gun.

That was needlessly petty and stupid, and does nothing to help the image of gun owners in America. Heaven forbid something should happen to any of those reporters, you can guarantee some kind of blanket ban in the next few months. Anti-2A are acting out of emotion here, and it will take a well-reasoned response on all fronts by responsible gun owners to prevent them from getting what they want. THAT MEANS not making threatening or near-threatening gestures towards the antis. Let's take the high road here.

Let us steer back towards some of the questions facing us now. We seem to be chatting a bit here.

Should the current laws be tougher? Yes or No? Why or Why Why not?
Should new laws be written? Yes or No? Why or Why Why not?
Is the 2nd Amendment under attack Yes or No?
Why can we do to voice our opinions?
Do you have ideas or suggestions to prevent another Sandy Hook?

Do you agree with Gov Cuomo's gun proposals?

A link for an example: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/da...king-to-legislature-about-gun-control-package

Back