United States & Gun Control discussion.

Speaking to your thoughts about Thomas and Kav. wanting to solidify Heller, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. I wonder if this case, as you said isn't as "ripe" as they would like the case to be. Although, some ripe cases are still ruled on by SCOTUS very narrowly.

Even though SCof CT. voted that Rem. can be sued I think Cox has an uphill battle even in a more liberal sided court.

Regarding ripeness, I think they wait until until a case has been adjudicated before accepting it. Here, it seems the question has been procedural vice substantive. Agree the arguments will be interesting especially linking the killings specifically to Remington vice any other manufacturer.

I believe the 2nd amendment was trying prohibit exactly what CT is trying to do: allow a government to have a class of weapons out of reach of a citizen.

So the Liberal's in Canada are moving into dictatorship land and are going to just start banning guns. First it was "assault weapons", then they changed it to "military style" and now it's slipped that they are going after all semi-autos. No debate, nothing; just a rarely used power to ban them all. Their own caucus is split on this, so it's the only way to get it done. And of course they waited to use a 30 year old tragedy to bring it all out.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-montreal-massacre-speeches-1.5386610

So the Liberal's in Canada are moving into dictatorship land and are going to just start banning guns. First it was "assault weapons", then they changed it to "military style" and now it's slipped that they are going after all semi-autos. No debate, nothing; just a rarely used power to ban them all. Their own caucus is split on this, so it's the only way to get it done. And of course they waited to use a 30 year old tragedy to bring it all out.

Sorry to hear that.

I'm so sorry dude. I hope you guys crucify the Marxist idiots pushing that shit forward.

I'm about to lose all my guns in a horrible boating accident. 😉😉

Does Canada have a database of gun owners? I'm assuming with all the extant restrictions they know where every legally-purchased firearm is?

PS--When they ban revolvers, 22's and shotguns, you'll know it's time to unass the AO.

Does Canada have a database of gun owners? I'm assuming with all the extant restrictions they know where every legally-purchased firearm is?

PS--When they ban revolvers, 22's and shotguns, you'll know it's time to unass the AO.

They do for certain classifications. Restricted, which is basically all handguns and certain semi-autos, like any AR variant or scary black gun. It's almost random, how they pick and choose. But most long guns are no longer registere, they were supposed to have deleted it BUT we have our doubts. I have a Restricted license but don't currently own any. So all mine that were lost in the boating accident weren't registered. 😉

They do for certain classifications. Restricted, which is basically all handguns and certain semi-autos, like any AR variant or scary black gun. It's almost random, how they pick and choose. But most long guns are no longer registere, they were supposed to have deleted it BUT we have our doubts. I have a Restricted license but don't currently own any. So all mine that were lost in the boating accident weren't registered. 😉

Move your canuckistanian ass to Texas. We got guns, cheap beer and barbeque. And you won't have to tell everyone "sorry" all the damn time! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Move your canuckistanian ass to Texas. We got guns, cheap beer and barbeque. And you won't have to tell everyone "sorry" all the damn time! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Oh it's definitely on my mind. We're limited to a 5 month stay. It's hard for a Canadian to move to the US permanently, unless we have high demand credentials; if my wife does her Masters, it could be a possibility. But they don't accept broken Veteran's.

Oh it's definitely on my mind. We're limited to a 5 month stay. It's hard for a Canadian to move to the US permanently, unless we have high demand credentials; if my wife does her Masters, it could be a possibility. But they don't accept broken Veteran's.

Fuck that stupid shit, we got more illegals running around here than we know what to do with... they ain't gonna be looking for a white boy saying "eh" all the damn time.

But yeah I gotcha, it's odd to me the way our two countries interact on immigration. Y'all are pretty much America "light" any damn way.

Just go to nursing school. We have more Canadian nurses in exile who will never go back unless they want to it's crazy. One, a good friend of mine, is from Newfoundland, so you know he's about as fucked up as a football bat....

When WaPo says VA's gun confiscation plan is insane...perhaps VA's reps should listen. Lots of extremely restless gun-owners in Hampton Roads atm.

This is just the proposed handgun clause of SB16:

3. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;
4. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a thumbhole stock; (iii) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (iv) the capacity to accept a magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip; (v) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the pistol with the non-trigger hand without being burned; (vi) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; (vii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c) a barrel extender, or (d) a forward handgrip; or (viii) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in clauses (i) through (vii);

Back